What's new

The Official Cigar Deals Thread

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
got this last night. also saw they had some $130 random box surprises to purchase

As with any holiday, we would like to share with you our newest holiday special. Now featuring our "Columbus Day" special. This promotion will be featuring four different tiers that focus on Columbus. The first tier is Nina, and it features a 14.92% discount and comes with a single AVO Classic Covers with a minimum purchase of $50. The second tier is Pinta, and it features a 14.92% discount and comes a with a Regius surprise five pack with a minimum purchase of $100. The third tier is Santa Maria, and it features a 14.92% discount and comes with TWO Davidoff Winston Churchill Limited Edition 2016 The Raconteurs with a minimum purchase of $200 . Finally the last tier will be Columbus. Columbus features a 14.92% discount and also ONE Davidoff Royal Release Robusto ($80 MSRP) with a minimum purchase of $300.

Code: Nina = 14.92% off with ONE AVO Classic Covers. Minimum purchase of$50
Code: Pinta = 14.92% off with a Regius Surprise Five Pack Sampler. Minimum purchase of $100
Code: Santa Maria = 14.92% off with TWO Davidoff Winston Churchill Limited Edition 2016 The Raconteurs. Minimum purchase of $200.
Code: Columbus = 14.92% off with ONE Davidoff Royal Release Robusto ($80 MSRP). Minimum purchase of $300.
Codes will expire midnight 10/10/2016. Codes are not retroactive and can not be combined.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why are you stocking up on Bovedas? Do you have that much storage, or are you not recharging your packs?
For a 200 count humidor. They are the 69% packs. Does recharging really work? Just seal with a glass of distilled water for how long?

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
for a 200 count humidor. They are the 69% packs. Does recharging really work? Just soak in distilled water for a day?
Don't soak them!.. leave in a tupperware with some beads or something else producing humidity, and wait.. they will slowly absorb anything over their set %.. IF they aren't already dry to the point of being crispy.. there are a few threads around here about recharging. I recharge mine, with no issues.

http://www.botl.org/threads/recharging-boveda-packs.75062/

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
For a 200 count humidor. They are the 69% packs. Does recharging really work? Just seal with a glass of distilled water for how long?
Recharging absolutely does work. I've even recharged packs that have gone completely dry. You can just put them in a sealed container next to a shot glass filled with distilled water. The bovedas will absorb the humidity from the evaporating dw. The process usually takes about a week. Check them to make sure they don't over fill, or the paper wrapping can become compromised. The same can happen if you spill any of the water on them. I usually discard them when that happens. To be on the safe side, in a big enough container instead of a shot glass, place a clean unused sponge soaked with dw in a small dish. I made a container with a screen in it. I pour dw in the bottom, and then the bovedas sit on the screen high and dry above the water as they recharge. Here's a link to the build thread:
http://www.botl.org/threads/boveda-recharging-station-build.85047/
You can set up a rotation of recharging packs while others are in your humidor, and save money on constantly buying new ones.