What's new

The Official Cigar Deals Thread

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's for age verification. Anybody can use Dad's birthday, but last four of the SSN is a little tougher to come by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since when? They haven't asked me for it. But it's been a couple weeks since I ordered...
I just started buying from them in the past 3-4 months. It's done when you register now if I remember correctly. Here is a quote from their website
Why does Famous ask for the last 4 digits of my SSN #?
Famous Smoke Shop and Veratad use the last 4 digits of your Social Security number (SSN) to assist in the verification process. This information is not stored, and is used only for these verification purposes.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I just started buying from them in the past 3-4 months. It's done when you register now if I remember correctly. Here is a quote from their website
Why does Famous ask for the last 4 digits of my SSN #?
Famous Smoke Shop and Veratad use the last 4 digits of your Social Security number (SSN) to assist in the verification process. This information is not stored, and is used only for these verification purposes.
Hmm, That's about my same time frame, I don't remember doing it, that's something that would make me stop and say hold up!
I won't be buying from any shop that requires this, no way
It is much too over the top. I thought the regs were put off and set back anyway.... Or are they separate bits..
I stand by my earlier rant. And I still just want to find a decent price on a fiver of ~R~'s...... ;)