What's new

The Official Cigar Deals Thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who Can Lawfully Request My Social Security Number?
From an article about identity theft protection.

The Privacy Act of 1974 stipulates that you aren't legally required to provide your SSN to businesses unless one of the following is true:

• You'll be engaging in a transaction that requires notification to the Internal Revenue Service; or
• You're initiating a financial transaction subject to federal Customer Identification Program rules.

If you refuse to provide your SSN, companies may choose not to do business with you, but there's no law that prevents them from asking for it. These are some examples of businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes:

• Insurance companies
Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including investment advisors; banks; real estate purchases; financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions

It's important to remember that, once a company has your Social Security number, there are few restrictions on what they can do with it. You'll therefore want share this information only when absolutely necessary or required by law. Being very careful about sharing your SSN or any other personal information is a recommended way to help deter identity theft.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Additional information on the use of SSN

If a business asks you to provide your SSN you should ask these questions to the requesting company or organization to figure out if it is really necessary for them to have it:
  • Why do you need my number?
  • How will my number be used?
  • What happens if I refuse to give you my number for safety reasons?
  • What law requires me to give you my number?
  • What security standards are you using to protect my identity?
  • If the nations largest banks, insurance companies and financial security companies can't prevent identity theft when they spend hundreds of millions of dollars annually on data security, how can your company assure me that your security infrastructure is robust enough to protect my SSN?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the Famous web FAQ and it looks like there is a manual process to verify age. It looks like they use email. Regular email, unless encrypted on both ends, is NOT secure. Please, never use regular email to send Personal Private Information (PPI). Email and email attachments, that are not encrypted, become wide open and exposed on the interwebs. You may as well post them here for us to use.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm feeling peer pressure and I've never even tried that brand let alone that cigar. But yet here I am trying to beat the damn CAD monkey off my back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For this price let me tell you your not risking anything. My opinion the brand is good, never tried this blend. They allow to return for full refund if you smoke one and don't like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk