What's new

The Official Tatuaje Wolfman - Monster Series 2011 #4 thread

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My dress box came in today from Castros, I was shocked to see them at my door seeing how the just shipped them on Wednesday. They also gave me a Castros shirt, 2 sizes to big but hey I'm a master at srinking clothes, unfortunately.
I've always though about trying that, but my luck I would either shrink it too much or it would end up uneven or something like that.

Disgusting that a box of these are up at Wades for $295.

What a prick.
I saw that today too, sometimes it seems like there are a lot of profiteers over there.

Sadly, there is an @sshole for every seat so I am sure someone will be more than happy to pay that price for them.
Unfortunately you are probably right

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You should smoke a single first before buying it. It's not very good. 81 at best atm. Potential for 84-85 tops. Very bland, muted, high water content - first half tasted a lot like the OR triunfador, then the 2nd half kind of turn a bit of power on. I don't see where people are getting these high review marks from. 92? wow.

It doesn't taste like a cojonu blend (at least not yet). It tastes like a OR triunfador blend with a sumatra wrapper - if that's what it really is - just like the Drac tasted like the OR triunfador blend with a different wrapper. In fact, I feel like he just puts a different wrapper on the monsters from the triunfador blend. lol.

But this cigar isn't so unreal. It's been sitting for a year now, it should not be this bad. Chucked it 3/4 through.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
You should smoke a single first before buying it. It's not very good. 81 at best atm. Potential for 84-85 tops. Very bland, muted, high water content - first half tasted a lot like the OR triunfador, then the 2nd half kind of turn a bit of power on. I don't see where people are getting these high review marks from. 92? wow.

It doesn't taste like a cojonu blend (at least not yet). It tastes like a OR triunfador blend with a sumatra wrapper - if that's what it really is - just like the Drac tasted like the OR triunfador blend with a different wrapper. In fact, I feel like he just puts a different wrapper on the monsters from the triunfador blend. lol.

But this cigar isn't so unreal. It's been sitting for a year now, it should not be this bad. Chucked it 3/4 through.
Not disputing your experience, though it's unfair to make a final judgement on a line after one cigar. If I did that, I'd have stopped smoking Habanos long ago.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I thought it was a really good cigar that could be great with a little nap time. (and Nate, they're on your way tomorrow... was super crazy today)

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yea you're probably right. I only smoked a couple. I'll give it another try in a month or so.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I held off to see what everyone thought...Can someone point me in the right direction for a box of these please?
Easy bro OLH I think a dress box is only $295 but free shipping :) :eyepoke:

If I get some I will split them with you and I know I have a ten box coming from a friend ciggy so you can have 5 my treat brother!

I haven't smoked because well I don't have any yet but two people I trust say they are decent and think with time they will be just below the Frank and from what I hear that's saying a lot. So we know opinions LOL

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't know about the Franks because I never had one but I feel confident in a year this is going to be an amazing smoke. Definitely better than the Face and Drac, maybe a little below the Frank and Boris.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Easy bro OLH I think a dress box is only $295 but free shipping :) :eyepoke:

Bwahahaha...no way in hell!

If I get some I will split them with you and I know I have a ten box coming from a friend ciggy so you can have 5 my treat brother!

I really appreciate it but I wasn't trolling...Just wanted to wait and see what the verdict was. Sounds like it could be a good smoke with age.

I haven't smoked because well I don't have any yet but two people I trust say they are decent and think with time they will be just below the Frank and from what I hear that's saying a lot. So we know opinions LOL
That's what I'm hoping for!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I don't know about the Franks because I never had one but I feel confident in a year this is going to be an amazing smoke. Definitely better than the Face and Drac, maybe a little below the Frank and Boris.
I haven't had a Frank, but I thought the Face turned into a very good cigar. I grabbed one out of my box last week and enjoyed it very much. The Boris by far has been my favorite. I have one left and will have to torch it soon. I haven't grabbed a Wolfman out of my box yet as I will let it sit for a couple weeks in the humidor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my running order from best to worse for the Monster Series has been the Frank, Boris, Wolfman, Face and than the Drac. I can't wait to see what a good nap does for the Wolfman. Out of all of the Monsters I think the only stick that was dissapointing was the Drac but I do have a bunch that have been resting hoping that a good long nap will do them well. Hopefully it doesn't do them too well being I sold and gifted the rest.:headroll: A lot of guys beat up the Face last year but I thought it was a great smoke and they have only been getting better with age. Fortunately I still have a box of those left.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I don't agree at all...while the Wolf sticks that are shipping now may need a bit of time, I think they are a very good cigar (and better then the Drac and Face, for me at least)...

Is it the best thing Pete has put out? Nope...Not even the best Monster...but I enjoyed them for what they are, a lighter, more flavorful cigar (and I personally love the Sumatra)...

~brooks

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention that with the Monster series or many limited runs for that matter the reality is if you waste the time buying a single and than smoking it before purchasing more, the fact is by time you have done all this you will have a tough time finding any if at all. I normally don't have a hard time buying limited boxes blind simply because I know if they are not my cup of tea that selling the remaining sticks will more than likely be quick and easy.