What's new

The Official Tatuaje Wolfman - Monster Series 2011 #4 thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my box from NHC today and when I picked it up it sounded like it was rattling inside an I became worried... Turns out they included a big box of milk duds with the wolfman. Hahaha nice little Halloween treat!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I was able to get 3 singles and a dress box.. So far I'm not impressed at all after smoking 2.. The first I tossed half way thru.. The second was better but was very bland.. I'm gonna let the 3 stick sit for a while, but if that doesn't improve, there will be a unopened dress box available

Moose

Moose with a stick!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was able to get 3 singles and a dress box.. So far I'm not impressed at all after smoking 2.. The first I tossed half way thru.. The second was better but was very bland.. I'm gonna let the 3 stick sit for a while, but if that doesn't improve, there will be a unopened dress box available

I would like to be first on the list of people available to buy this, I love this smoke.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just got my box from NHC today and when I picked it up it sounded like it was rattling inside an I became worried... Turns out they included a big box of milk duds with the wolfman. Hahaha nice little Halloween treat!
Now thats cool.

It seems like these are going a lot faster than anyone expected them too. about 4 minutes a shot from NHC and 30 minutes for a scavenger hunt at smoke inn. Its not looking good. Hopefully one of my local sources comes through.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Now thats cool.

It seems like these are going a lot faster than anyone expected them too. about 4 minutes a shot from NHC and 30 minutes for a scavenger hunt at smoke inn. Its not looking good. Hopefully one of my local sources comes through.
Smoke Inn had the same issue that NHC did 2 years ago. Someone posted the link on another forum to go directly to the order page and not have to hunt.......Once it was posted, it was over in munites

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Smoke Inn had the same issue that NHC did 2 years ago. Someone posted the link on another forum to go directly to the order page and not have to hunt.......Once it was posted, it was over in munites

Well that sucks.

Not that I had a chance since the email went out about 3 hours before I got home to read it.

These really seem to be getting grabbed up alot faster than the Face.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I too noticed that there is even more of a Frenzy this year than last. That dress box on OH for $295 sold so it goes to show that there will always be someone with more money than sense. I could maybe see 6 months out from now getting someone to pop that high for a box but snagging a dress box at retail is still very possible this early in the game.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Yeah, I too noticed that there is even more of a Frenzy this year than last. That dress box on OH for $295 sold so it goes to show that there will always be someone with more money than sense. I could maybe see 6 months out from now getting someone to pop that high for a box but snagging a dress box at retail is still very possible this early in the game.
There's a few ways this can go. When the Face came out, speculators snapped 'em up early, and posted them for jacked up prices, but 6 months later the prices crashed, presumably because they just weren't as rare as people thought.

I'm wondering what's going to happen as the rest of the 10-ct boxes reach the market.

-Charles

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
SI had a scavenger hunt that basically shut down their server. Was a really dumb idea that has pissed off many people that "used" to buy from them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SI had a scavenger hunt that basically shut down their server. Was a really dumb idea that has pissed off many people that "used" to buy from them.
People getting pissed at Abe because they weren't able to grab a box is childish at best. At the end of the day they're just cigars, not heart transplants. I think the way Abe did it was pretty cool and a fair way of doing it rather than have a run like NHC where it basically came down to who can check out the fastest. If Abe lost customers because of that than shame on the people leaving. Abe even admitted he didn't expect them to go that quickly and said next time he will only release x amount a day to make it last longer. He even said it took longer to do the back end on the website than the sticks lasted but like someone else mentioned a link was posted cutting out the scavenger hunt part so that too also sped things up. Hell the guy even waited until 5pm to release them which was a good gesture too rather than do it mid day when a lot more guys would have missed it. Pretty lame that people are getting pissed. He could have just said F-U and just made them available to local customers.
It's this kind of childish behavior that is ruining the Monster series and when Pete finally said he has had enough of dealing with the BS because it ends up being both customers and some retailers who get bent when they can't get x amount than people will really b*tch and moan.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yeah, there's one born every minute. I was pretty surprised when I saw that box on there, maybe a little moreso when I saw he had sold it. Then again maybe I wasnt

There's a few ways this can go. When the Face came out, speculators snapped 'em up early, and posted them for jacked up prices, but 6 months later the prices crashed, presumably because they just weren't as rare as people thought.

I'm wondering what's going to happen as the rest of the 10-ct boxes reach the market.

-Charles
Yeah I need to keep telling myself that this is just the first wave. Kinda interesting watching it all go down as a spectator though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I need to keep telling myself that this is just the first wave. Kinda interesting watching it all go down as a spectator though.
The boxes of 10 have been released and are already hitting retailers so start checking your locals fellas for the 10 count boxes.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I've resolved I'm only going to buy this one if I don't have to pay a crazy markup or work to chase it down. If I miss it, oh well. I've got a few Face, and a whole box of J21's that I'm very happy to get into.

Not that I'm not keeping an eye out... :)

-Charles

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
............ I think the way Abe did it was pretty cool and a fair way of doing it rather than have a run like NHC where it basically came down to who can check out the fastest.

Wow, NHC did the scavengar hunt thing 2 years ago with the Drac and they were flambasted across the sites, not SI is getting a pass.........

There is not good way to do this. You either take care of your local customers who keep you afloat and piss off people who never have or never will do business with you again. OR you piss off your local and makes the others happy.

Frankly, the smoothest I have seen this go is when the retailer simply makes a list, local or not, and sticks to it. Be hosent up front as to the position the person is on the list, or be honest that you are only taking care of customers.

In these cases I am glad I am not a retailer, I would not want the headache and at the end of the day, it seems more trouble for them than it is worth.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I barely tried and I was able to score a 10 ct box for myself and my dad. So keep looking, you will find them easily!! Just let your fingers do the walking.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Frankly, the smoothest I have seen this go is when the retailer simply makes a list, local or not, and sticks to it. Be hosent up front as to the position the person is on the list, or be honest that you are only taking care of customers
I totally agree.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just keep checking in here or on other boards. As they show up you'll hear about them. I have a few calls out to some shops I do business with. Hoping they hit the northeast soon. They have already hit some West shops and down in the Southeast.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
People getting pissed at Abe because they weren't able to grab a box is childish at best. At the end of the day they're just cigars, not heart transplants. I think the way Abe did it was pretty cool and a fair way of doing it rather than have a run like NHC where it basically came down to who can check out the fastest. If Abe lost customers because of that than shame on the people leaving. Abe even admitted he didn't expect them to go that quickly and said next time he will only release x amount a day to make it last longer. He even said it took longer to do the back end on the website than the sticks lasted but like someone else mentioned a link was posted cutting out the scavenger hunt part so that too also sped things up. Hell the guy even waited until 5pm to release them which was a good gesture too rather than do it mid day when a lot more guys would have missed it. Pretty lame that people are getting pissed. He could have just said F-U and just made them available to local customers.
It's this kind of childish behavior that is ruining the Monster series and when Pete finally said he has had enough of dealing with the BS because it ends up being both customers and some retailers who get bent when they can't get x amount than people will really b*tch and moan.
Strong words my friend. I really have to disagree. The first point of business is the customer is always right. Ask the surviving major comapnies, Nordstrom, Costco. The stunt was silly. They spent more time trying to hide the picture than thinking about the results. To send an email out and then have the server overload is poor management. This is an observation not bitching and moaning. The hunt is a proven error. It doesn't work. A little research would have brought this to their attention. He would have most likely been better off by saying FU and making them available to local customers. That I can understand. Wasting the entire email lists time is not understandable. Dumb.