What's new

The Official Tatuaje Wolfman - Monster Series 2011 #4 thread

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good business, bad business. I'm glad he made them available; I'm digging these smokes.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Strong words my friend. I really have to disagree. The first point of business is the customer is always right. Ask the surviving major comapnies, Nordstrom, Costco. The stunt was silly. They spent more time trying to hide the picture than thinking about the results. To send an email out and then have the server overload is poor management. This is an observation not bitching and moaning. The hunt is a proven error. It doesn't work. A little research would have brought this to their attention. He would have most likely been better off by saying FU and making them available to local customers. That I can understand. Wasting the entire email lists time is not understandable. Dumb.
Sorry chuck but have to disagree with you. You can take your examples and place black friday on them and advertise a TV for 75% off and only have 40 of them with 700-1000 customers waiting outside in shit weather for days just to be first to get one. They open doors every year to trampling, fights, and even deaths yet still do it every year with a huge love affair from the american people. Working for one of these "pillers" myself I would say they did what they could to make it entertaining and fair for everyone. Everyone had a chance and 30 people got it. End of story...success and the worst complaint is "I didn't get one"...well...kinda no shit moment...30 boxes and 500 orders. Gunna happen.

To Eric's point...only two ways to do it...for your locals and for your internet. Personally think locals come first. Plus less risk for them of getting blasted for how they do it.

And being in retail for 14 years now I will have to say that the rule that "the customer is always right" is dead and gone...

New times my brother...customer is right 90% of the time. Other 10% people can't admit when they are wrong themselves. (not focused on this discussion....just not a fan of that statement anymore)

Just my. 02.

Nick

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Sorry chuck but have to disagree with you. You can take your examples and place black friday on them and advertise a TV for 75% off and only have 40 of them with 700-1000 customers waiting outside in shit weather for days just to be first to get one. They open doors every year to trampling, fights, and even deaths yet still do it every year with a huge love affair from the american people. Working for one of these "pillers" myself I would say they did what they could to make it entertaining and fair for everyone. Everyone had a chance and 30 people got it. End of story...success and the worst complaint is "I didn't get one"...well...kinda no shit moment...30 boxes and 500 orders. Gunna happen.

To Eric's point...only two ways to do it...for your locals and for your internet. Personally think locals come first. Plus less risk for them of getting blasted for how they do it.

And being in retail for 14 years now I will have to say that the rule that "the customer is always right" is dead and gone...

New times my brother...customer is right 90% of the time. Other 10% people can't admit when they are wrong themselves. (not focused on this discussion....just not a fan of that statement anymore)

Just my. 02.

Nick
Very good points.
I don't participate in Black Friday for the same reason. But now imagine the same senario, 40 TV's 1,000 customers but all the roads are closed so only 20 of those 1,000 customers can actually make it to the store.

A scavenger hunt on the web just doesn't work for a small retailer with limited bandwidth. I agree with the locals come first. I agree with the club members come first. I agree with lotterys. What he did was dumb. Will people hold it against him. Some may most will just move on to the next available box. What bothered me was getting an email then wasting 30 minutes trying to get into his site. It is the time not the cigars.

And if you don't think about your customers first, they may think about you...last.

Good discussion, thanks.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Very good points.
I don't participate in Black Friday for the same reason. But now imagine the same senario, 40 TV's 1,000 customers but all the roads are closed so only 20 of those 1,000 customers can actually make it to the store.

A scavenger hunt on the web just doesn't work for a small retailer with limited bandwidth. I agree with the locals come first. I agree with the club members come first. I agree with lotterys. What he did was dumb. Will people hold it against him. Some may most will just move on to the next available box. What bothered me was getting an email then wasting 30 minutes trying to get into his site. It is the time not the cigars.

And if you don't think about your customers first, they may think about you...last.

Good discussion, thanks.
Agreed 100%. Only thing I did not like about scenario was 2nd email. No need to explain what happened. Made him look bad. Should have just left it at sold out...see you next year.

good points chuck

nick

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the e-mail a little after 5 and was able to hop right on to their web page. I found three boxes that were available within 10 minutes of looking, granted I didn't buy any since I have a dress box with another 10 count on it's way from another vendor but had fun looking nonetheless. Off the top of my head I remember one was under Avo Classic and I found another under the Tatuaje SerieP and I forget where I saw the third one. To be honest I tried all the Tat brands first figuring it would make sense that one would be hidden there. I know he said the site nearly crashed but I had zero issues navigating it and I have crappy Road Runner for a ISP. I'm generally slower than most when it comes to surfing the web.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I received the e-mail a little after 5 and was able to hop right on to their web page. I found three boxes that were available within 10 minutes of looking, granted I didn't buy any since I have a dress box with another 10 count on it's way from another vendor but had fun looking nonetheless. Off the top of my head I remember one was under Avo Classic and I found another under the Tatuaje SerieP and I forget where I saw the third one. To be honest I tried all the Tat brands first figuring it would make sense that one would be hidden there. I know he said the site nearly crashed but I had zero issues navigating it and I have crappy Road Runner for a ISP. I'm generally slower than most when it comes to surfing the web.
You must be very lucky then. Good for you. And you didnt even buy any!

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
What bothered me was getting an email then wasting 30 minutes trying to get into his site. It is the time not the cigars.
So the real reason you are bothered is because you fell for the stunt :gangfire::jitb:::robinhood

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must be very lucky then. Good for you. And you didnt even buy any!
Nah, I already have a dress box and a 10 count in transit. No need to be greedy. Between the two boxes I scored it's almost the same as having a regular box quantity wise so now so I am happy. Plus it won't hurt so bad when I share.:grin:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a non dress box from NHC, arrived Saturday. Had the first last night and was not impressed (I think, I'm the only one). I think they need some rest time. It was harsh and burned pretty quick.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a non dress box from NHC, arrived Saturday. Had the first last night and was not impressed (I think, I'm the only one). I think they need some rest time. It was harsh and burned pretty quick.
Nah, I have seen a few "meh" reviews... Though more in the very good vein.... I have not smoked one, but they smelled freaking fantastic....:wink:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yeah, I too noticed that there is even more of a Frenzy this year than last. That dress box on OH for $295 sold so it goes to show that there will always be someone with more money than sense. I could maybe see 6 months out from now getting someone to pop that high for a box but snagging a dress box at retail is still very possible this early in the game.
I just received a reply from CigarConsignment.com and they are trying to sell a dress box of Wolfman for $340 The Face for $350 and the Drack for $360

I was able to get a 10ct for $130 of the wolfman and wile I enjoyed the one I smoked so far, at the prices above I would never pay that much for it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished a Wolfman a little bit ago, thought it was a fine cigar. Very pleased with it. It was no more, or less, than what I expected....

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Abe sent out an email apologizing for the way things went down, I'm sure you guys got it. On his defense, he was just trying to think of something clever.

Personally, I think the best way to do dress boxes is to sell EMPTY (un-numbered) coffins to S&S members along with what's currently happening.

As to how to get more sticks in the hands of internet buyers (ie people without a B&M, such as myself), the only thing Pete could do is intentionally allocate more 10-counts for internet-only orders. Maybe have 13 for the dress boxes free-for-all and another 13 with more 10-counts for Internet orders.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
But I think that in another 3 weeks or so enough BOTLs will have found them that we'll all be hooked-up. Perhaps not in time for Halloween, but eventually.