What's new

The Thanksgiving Weekend "Smoke your Rare Smoke" thread

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I smoked a number of great sticks over the weekend: Noella Reserva, CC Farmie, Boris, Davidoff Colorado, 7-20-4, Trinidad Robusto, etc... But I choose this for my 'special' stick...

Been holding on to this one since one epic trade...

I really enjoy the Bolivar line, so I was looking forward to this - plus it was my only one... It struck me as a little 'lighter' than the regular line, more delicate. Very buttery & though it didn't blow my socks off, I really enjoyed this post-turkey smoke that finished just as the tryptophan started to take effect!

I love this cigar. One of my favs recently.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Hemingway SG

Apparently only 165 boxes of 25 were made. n.olson picked one up for me while at an event. I believe I paid 12 for it and didn't really know too much about them when he first sent it to me. After a little research I figured this was probably my "most rare" cigar.

Before lighting, I noticed the cigar felt very firm, borderline hard, to the touch. I clipped the tip with my Xikar multitool (I love that thing) and took a draw, I didn't notice anything "special" about the prelight taste.

The first puff, followed by the remainder of the 1st 3rd of the cigar was, IMO, VERY bitter. Like a burnt grassy taste? Hard to describe, even harder to remember....

I found the remainder of the cigar to be very bland, nothing stood out and I remember thinking how I should just chuck it and get something better to smoke. I decided to just smoke it due to its "rarity".

Actually, the only things I really enjoyed about the experience was the cello (yellowest cello I have seen on a cigar that I smoked) and the fact that I now had more room in my humidor :rofl:

Here is the cello, yellower in person.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Alright finally got time to post my review. Go easy on me its my first one and it was my first Tat :) Sorry for the fuzzy pics not sure what happened with the camera.

Tatuaje Havana VI Nobel

Pre-light- The wrapper was a nice dark brown with small veins. Constructions was firm with no flaws. The pre-light aroma was of pure tobacco and very pleasing. The draw was perfect on this cigar. Probably the best I have have ever had and had a very earthy taste prior to lighting. The triple cap is very attractive.

First Quarter- I was a little surprised with the lack of pepper upon lighting this one up. I was expecting a big burst right off but received light pepper with a nice creamy woodsy flavor.

At The Half- The pepper is almost gone making way for the woodsy creamy flavor to really come through. I also started to pic up a bit of earth on the finish. The cigar produces a really nice heavy white smoke and the burn is great. It held the tight grey ash all the way up to the halfway point.

Three Quarters- The burn was still very good. I started to pick up the pepper again but it was faint at best.

Nub- Alright finally picking the pepper back up. Lost the creamy and woodsy is really coming out.

Conclusion- I was a little surprised that this was more of a Medium smoke then full. I really enjoyed it and being my first Tat I was impressed. I'm really excited to see what else this brand offers up. All in all a great smoke.

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Feeling quite a bit better and my gal said I could smoke in the house, since she misses me... So quite a special occasion... Right now I am smoking a 2008 Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduro, I received this from GUSTO its the only one i've ever owned, so its quite rare to me... So far its just delicious, very smooth and complex with a pronounced chocolate/cocoa flavor... Sooo goood..

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Damn, sorry to hear Ted. I have had mixed luck with the few I have smoked. They do seem to smoke anemic through 1/3 and even a little into the 2/3. Once they open up they are pretty tasty but it has been hit and miss for me as well. I hope the next one smokes good for you.

Jamie

Good or bad experience does not detract from your kind generosity.