What's new

Tight draws

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoke two cigars a day, mostly CCs. I keep fans in my wineadors they sit at 64/65. So far in the past few months I've had one plugged CC that I can remember.

Luckily my redeemer tool fixed it
I have four wineadors full of CC's. I do get hard draw cigars from time to time. Good cigars in the same box...and then the ugly plugged ducklings. Is a fan really that important to prevent this?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I have four wineadors full of CC's. I do get hard draw cigars from time to time. Good cigars in the same box...and then the ugly plugged ducklings. Is a fan really that important to prevent this?
In my experience, the answer is no.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
It won't hurt if you try it... after some time of good circulation you will other notice a difference or not. Some people will disagree since they like to stick to their old ways. They're scared of change.

Either way... lay one of these on either the far right or far left of the wineador and it will circulate humidity properly so it's the same on top as it is below. And they're cheap...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006IX7TW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485659786&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rv fridge fan&dpPl=1&dpID=41eK8B6bBqL&ref=plSrch

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't hurt if you try it... after some time of good circulation you will other notice a different or not. Some people will disagree since they like to stick to their old ways. They're scared of change.

Either way... lay one of these on either the far right or far left of the wineador and it will circulate humidity properly so it's the same on top as it is below. And they're cheap...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006IX7TW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485659786&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rv fridge fan&dpPl=1&dpID=41eK8B6bBqL&ref=plSrch
I just ordered four to give it a try. Why not?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before getting those my wineador would read 60 on top and 65 on the bottom, now every section reads 65, they're great.

Hope they work out for you bro.
I definitely get different readings....bottom, top an middle. Certainly this will not hurt. Given the $ investment in cigars and the minimal cost of the fans this is a no brainier me . Thanks Chuck!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Is it humid where you are? Or really cold? Condensation can cause the leaves to swell, causing the cigar to get tight.
It's only happened to me on cold, windy days. Coincidentally the last two times that happened to me, I also got that tar goop happening. The second time I clipped the cigar 1/8" and got out of the wind. Draw loosened, no more tar.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
It's only happened to me on cold, windy days. Coincidentally the last two times that happened to me, I also got that tar goop happening. The second time I clipped the cigar 1/8" and got out of the wind. Draw loosened, no more tar.
Well there you go.