What's new

Tight draws

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It won't hurt if you try it... after some time of good circulation you will other notice a difference or not. Some people will disagree since they like to stick to their old ways. They're scared of change.

Either way... lay one of these on either the far right or far left of the wineador and it will circulate humidity properly so it's the same on top as it is below. And they're cheap...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006IX7TW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485659786&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rv fridge fan&dpPl=1&dpID=41eK8B6bBqL&ref=plSrch
How long do they run before you need to replace the batteries?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cubans USED to be rolled with un -aged or barely aged leaf.
In 2003 this was abandoned for aged leaf, possibly due to the tremendous crops in 2000 and 2001.
The type of tobacco seed was changed as well for a strain more resistant to blue mold.
Historically Cubans needed a few years to even out and approach smokability, as well as having the potential to age into something amazing.
Are the cigars made since 2003 going to reach the heights of the previous cigars?
Too soon to tell,,,,,,,,,,
To add a bit more info to this....
In Cuba, filler and binder leaves are aged in bales that are wrapped in some type of burlap cloth. The wrapper leaves are aged in bales covered in the bark of Royal Palm trees. Most leaves are aged 3-5 years. All leaves used for the Cohiba brand are aged 5 years.

I just returned from Cuba and I was told that some tobacco is now aged in rum barrels and honey barrels. I was not aware of this and will be looking into it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So all the tight draws have been from the same box?

I was a part of the study which lasted a year, and outside of CCs specifically from the period of late 1999 to early 2001, my experience was that they were practically the same. Your mileage may vary. :D
Exactly. Those years were horrible!!!
But since say, 2005 things have been good.
Yeah, some vendors over humidify their sticks because of the shipping deal, but let them mellow a bit and everything is fine.