What's new

Today is a Good Day (Daily Thread)

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I just found out I broke 2 brothers on a newair purchase:dunno: Made my day:rolling:
But yesterday 12 of us got together and braved the cold at my cabin in the woods and shot flintlocks, threw hawk and knives and had a good supper before leaving the woods. Nothing like a nice day spent with good friends in the woods shooting flintlock rifles and I took some time for a good cigar.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0

As I am getting older I don't know what I like more about visiting my friends. Hanging out with my buddies or getting to see all my nieces. Is it wrong to visit a friend just so I can hang out with his kids? ;)
Hosh looks like your just a big kid at heart so your doing what comes natural. I would have to guess you like to laugh and have fun, thus hanging out with the little ones, pure at heart and just down right funny.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

As I am getting older I don't know what I like more about visiting my friends. Hanging out with my buddies or getting to see all my nieces. Is it wrong to visit a friend just so I can hang out with his kids? ;)

haha Not at all brother! Kids are just so amazing and fun to be around. The things they come up with crack you up and it is a great excuse to play with their toys. lol

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Great thread! Love the positive vibes! I have a couple things I would like to share.
1) I am taking a road trip to surprise my Dad for his 60th b-Day. 18hr drive ish. My parents live in Aiken SC and I live in Manchester NH. It's going to be a blast I can't wait.
2) On Friday afternoon I got word that My Wife and I are officially Home Owners (pending home inspection) So not quite official. Hahaha pretty happy right now hoping everything goes well. My wife and I have been together since 1998 and have never lived on our own. We have always had someone living with us. So April 11th can't come fast enough!
Congrats Brother on your HOME! That is Great! I'm sure y'all with have many many years of happiness!! And I'm sure your Pop is going to love spending time with you! It's going to be a great surprise for him.
Thanks Man!! This journey of trying to get a house has been a very long, stressful, anxiety fueled ride. I should have and could have done a lot different had I known what I do now. The last time I went to my parents house in SC was before my 7 yr old daughter was born. So it will be nice to spend some time with them.

Haha! That is so awesome man. I kinda understand how you feel. My wife and I moved in with my parents 10+ years ago when my father was dealing with emphysema. It sounds like you guys are ready and that's just awesome. Congrats buddy and enjoy your time together. ;)
Thanks Rex. No matter the circumstance's it is always hard to live with other people. Especially in a house that is not big enough for everyone to spread out. lol Thanks again for the kind words.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Went to work at 0415. Arrive super tired. See nothing was accomplished by the night shift. Check the schedule and IM OFF TODAY AND TOMORROW. Two free days off so that they could switch around my off days. Heck yes.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Went to work at 0415. Arrive super tired. See nothing was accomplished by the night shift. Check the schedule and IM OFF TODAY AND TOMORROW. Two free days off so that they could switch around my off days. Heck yes.
Haha! A bad day gone good post. The old switcheroo. When I started reading I was like, this is supposed to be positive stuff. oh.. oh.... wait. awsome!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Right On Josh!!! Gotta Love that!!! I wanted to post something on here but I applied floor graphix all weekend so alot of squatting. So now I feel like I got hit by a truck! Haha! It will be a good day when I get paid! :) but hey I woke up this morning I still have my family and a good home and great BOTL so everyday is a GOOD DAY!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
So this feel good moment starts with a sad story…

Friends of mine are set to be married on March 21st. A few short days ago, March 6th, they had an appointment at the banquet facility that would be hosting the wedding and the reception. When they went there they found the place chained up, the checks cashed and the owner completely missing. Having just a small amount of cash left for their Honeymoon they weren't sure what they were going to do…

Feel good part…

Some other friends started a GoFundMe page for Jim and Katie with the goal of raising around 3K to help pay for the wedding. Well in ONE day the GoFundMe page had 80 donations and has so far raised $5,185!!! Hopefully with that peace of mind they can concentrate on finding another venue, and quick, to host their 180 guests :D

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0

dude! jojo and i are not kid people, so we treasure our friends' and families' kids. gettting to be "aunt jo and uncle sean" means we get to act like grandparents without having kids; spoil the s#1t out of them and send them home. o)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Took the day off today to take my car to the dealership to have them apply a 3M clear bra on the whole front of the car. The drive there is about an hour and fifteen minutes long and the last 25 minutes were spent whipping around beautiful turns- diving into them and sailing out of them with a shit-eating grin on. It was such a rush. The car has way, way more talent than I do that's for sure. Hahaha...Took a loner car home and beat the Parkway traffic. Napped and ate. And the sun is out. Great day.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
So a little follow up on yesterday.

After an amazing baked spaghetti dinner I take my dad to our Sunday night fire at the local b&m. My father got to meet a great group of guys, which once they found out he served, all had to shake his hand and thank him. Made him feel very welcomed as well. My father suggested we stop at dunkin donuts to surprise the girls when we get home. Well it's almost 9 pm so I jump in and ask if they are still open, the girl behind the counter answers "just for a few more minutes." I tell her we would just like to scoop up a half dozen donuts. She replies with "no problem, I'll give you a dozen". Well I was thinking she meant a dozen for the price of half a dozen but no, after we were done picking them out she insisted that we take them and not pay. So we left her a nice tip.

I know she did it because they would be thrown out but that was pretty cool, and bad.... I ate to many now. There goes the diet!

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Good day yesterday. Picked up some new tires for the truck at wholesale prices. Got them mounted with new valve stems and balanced for $60. Stopped by the car wash and gave the truck a bath. Got home and got some much needed yard work done while we had some nice weather! Went out to eat with the wife and then smoked a Padron 4000. Great day.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
50 tomorrow
Happy Birthday. Post a good day story about your b-day and a cigar:)
Hahaha my bad. People were talking about the weather and I was just sharing that it will be 50 degrees tomorrow. I should have been a little more descriptive. Lol
I move to retract my birthday wishes until it actually happens:peckkiss:
this made me laugh, totally went over my head...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
50 tomorrow
Happy Birthday. Post a good day story about your b-day and a cigar:)
Hahaha my bad. People were talking about the weather and I was just sharing that it will be 50 degrees tomorrow. I should have been a little more descriptive. Lol
I move to retract my birthday wishes until it actually happens:peckkiss:
this made me laugh, totally went over my head...
Hahahaha I laughed out loud for sure!