What's new

Today is a Good Day (Daily Thread)

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
The past year has been hard. Borderline insanity hard. With all that has gone on for the wife, family and I, it's a wonder sometimes that we've pulled through. Today, my wife and I looked back at all the crap that has gone on for is over the past year, and we realize, we are in a MUCH better place today than we were the same time last year.
Today is a good day since my wife and I realized how truly blessed we are.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Today is a good day because I got to spend it with my wife's family, who accepts me for who I am with open arms. I am sober and safe. I haven't had a cigarette since August 11th. We ate like kings, came home to a house we own, with a dumb oaf Golden Retriever who wants to lay on me, and a fat cat who wants my wife to pet him.

Wishing you guys a happy Thanksgiving; feel like I've come to know a lot of yall, and this board has come to be a huge part of my life. I'm extremely grateful for all of you, even Chef.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Today is a good day because I got to spend it with my wife's family, who accepts me for who I am with open arms. I am sober and safe. I haven't had a cigarette since August 11th. We ate like kings, came home to a house we own, with a dumb oaf Golden Retriever who wants to lay on me, and a fat cat who wants my wife to pet him.

Wishing you guys a happy Thanksgiving; feel like I've come to know a lot of yall, and this board has come to be a huge part of my life. I'm extremely grateful for all of you, even Chef.
Congratulations bud, that is a great accomplishment.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Today is a good day because this morning was my son's last day wearing his DOC band aka baby helmet. He had a 8 month long treatment. His head shape looks great! I will celebrate with a 07 Vegas Robaina Unicos (<thanks ATL) and some Zaya (<thanks Secret Santa)!
We might be headed down that path. So worried...
Obviously for the best, though!
Congrats on the milestone!

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Today was a good day because I woke up next to a beautiful woman that is my best friend. I have a roof over my head, food on the table and cigars to share with friends. You couldn't ask for much more.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
We might be headed down that path. So worried...
Obviously for the best, though!
Congrats on the milestone!
Thanks Clint! Yes, for the best. We started him with the helmet at 7 months. If we brought him in sooner we would have had faster results. We just didn't know. We had concerns about his head early on when he was just a couple months, but the pediatrician wasn't concerned. We finally got a referral to go to cranial technologies when the pediatrician saw him for his 6 month appointment and it was obvious he needed it. The referral, appointment, and insurance takes some time, so he was already 7 months.

From our experience, we would have asked...no DEMANDED...a referral early on like 3 or 4 months. We would have brought him in for a consultation at cranial technologies so we could get a plan of action.

Anyways, thanks for listening. We are glad we did it. Hope everything goes well with your twins! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'd be happy to share more info.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Today is a good day because I knocked out my major to-do list: registered for the GRE and finished the logistics for my trip next month.

I also began [re]working my resume in hopes of embarking on my desired path. ANDDDD I got back to training for my most beloved hobby.