What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I added the question marks.....better? (y)
No, it wasn’t about punctuation. Are you actually wanting to know if a rye is a bourbon, or are you just trolling? The honest answer is no, a rye is not a bourbon. They are similar, and a lot of distillers make both. A bourbon has to have at least 51% corn in their mashbill, while ryes have at least 51%...well, rye.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
No, it wasn’t about punctuation. Are you actually wanting to know if a rye is a bourbon, or are you just trolling? The honest answer is no, a rye is not a bourbon. They are similar, and a lot of distillers make both. A bourbon has to have at least 51% corn in their mashbill, while ryes have at least 51%...well, rye.
Nope I wasn't trolling........I didn't think it could be classified as a bourbon, that's why I was asking.........still new to bourbon, and still learning......thank you for the clarification. I do see a lot of rye's posted in here though.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Nope I wasn't trolling........I didn't think it could be classified as a bourbon, that's why I was asking.........still new to bourbon, and still learning......thank you for the clarification. I do see a lot of rye's posted in here though.
Yeah, they’re similar enough that they’re often grouped together. You’ll see a lot of ryes in the bourbon section at the liquor store, or at least in the next section and usually made by bourbon distillers. Take that Sazerac for example, it’s made by Buffalo Tracethat also makes Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, Weller, EH Taylor, and Pappy. A lot of guys prefer the rye’s spicier profile to bourbons which tend to be sweeter.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yeah, they’re similar enough that they’re often grouped together. You’ll see a lot of ryes in the bourbon section at the liquor store, or at least in the next section and usually made by bourbon distillers. Take that Sazerac for example, it’s made by Buffalo Tracethat also makes Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, Weller, EH Taylor, and Pappy. A lot of guys prefer the rye’s spicier profile to bourbons which tend to be sweeter.
I do like some rye's and sometimes more than bourbon, but there are some tasty bourbons out there........I am a big fan of BT though, they tend to make legit juices.