What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
View attachment 112748 First drink of the new bottle ! Goddamn this is good. Now I need a bigger frame of reference... I WILL BUY ALL THE BOURBONS
I’m clearly enjoying mine as well. Why did I wait so long to try this. For the price point bracket it’s in, I believe this to be better quality then EWSB & OGD 114.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just bought this for my upcoming Delaware River free range kayak-camping trip next month. I don’t expect much from it (as I’ve seen mixed reviews) but man is that presentation just perfect for anything outdoors. I can’t wait to drink out of that tin cup too. I can think of worse ways to spend $34.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I’m clearly enjoying mine as well. Why did I wait so long to try this. For the price point bracket it’s in, I believe this to be better quality then EWSB & OGD 114.

I tried cuz of all the hype but it didn’t do much for me. If you want something else along the same price point try the David Nicholson Reserve. I thank @irratebass for turning me on to it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried cuz of all the hype but it didn’t do much for me. If you want something else along the same price point try the David Nicholson Reserve. I thank @irratebass for turning me on to it.

Thanks for the recommendation. It’s possible you had a bad batch (or one that is inconsistent with past rave reviews). I had similar experiences with EWSB & Stagg JR. These also vary Batch by Batch. Although I certainly won’t hold it against you for not wanting to buy another bottle again, I have similar feelings towards the 2 I just mentioned.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Just bought this for my upcoming Delaware River free range kayak-camping trip next month. I don’t expect much from it (as I’ve seen mixed reviews) but man is that presentation just perfect for anything outdoors. I can’t wait to drink out of that tin cup too. I can think of worse ways to spend $34.

I enjoy Tin Cup for something different and refreshing

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The spoils from my bourbon run up to Kentucky.
Did you find the prices of these bourbons to be less then at home? We will probably go in the middle of October and I am thinking I may pick up some stuff I can't find here but should I plan on stocking up on the stuff I can get locally?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Did you find the prices of these bourbons to be less then at home? We will probably go in the middle of October and I am thinking I may pick up some stuff I can't find here but should I plan on stocking up on the stuff I can get locally?
The prices were in line with the prices in Texas, maybe a tad cheaper. My biggest thing was buying things I couldn’t find at home and a lot of stuff that wasn’t distributed outside of Kentucky. October will be a great time frame because that’s when everything will be releasing. :)

If you’re in Louisville, check out a place called Whiskey and Wine. They have an AWESOME selection and a tasting room in the back where you can buy half shots of pretty much anything in the store. Most of the distilleries also have so lines of stuff that is only sold at the distillery. I got a bottle of Peerless and Knob Creek that were distillery only releases.

Good luck and have fun!