What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Now if I get the go-ahead to post a link to our 1792 barrel pick...jump. it will be 47 before shipping for a BARREL STRENGTH barrel pick (120+ proof) that a select few picked for a Bourbon club...that is worth its weight.
Interested... I have nearly all their lineup from the past 3-4 years (no Port finish), including several Full Proof picks, and really enjoy the brand.

Who are you picking barrels with, KCWS?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well, I broke open the High West DR bottles tonight. A lot of difference in the two bottles. Last years (finished in MWND Barrel) was much darker in color compared to this years release (finished in Barrel Aged Manhattan). Part could be the difference in finishing barrels (MWND barrel is 2nd use French Oak vs 3rd use for the Manhattan), but could also have to do with the fact that HW switched to their own distilled rye this year. Previously, it was sourced from MGP. DR is normally a 2 yr old spirit, but aging in Salt Lake City vs some time spent in IN rickhouses could be a factor.

Both are flavorful, with a bit of cloying sweetness (balanced nicely with the cigar or I wouldn't appreciate the flavor). However, there is definitely a more pronounced oak to the MWND version.20181108_223402.jpg

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
A few Dry 85 private barrel pours of OWA, Jefferson’s Ocean, HW American Prairie Bourbon - Barreled Manhattan Finish, Makers Private Select. All were really good with the Makers maybe being my favorite. I with I remember to ask what the stave combination was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Part of my anniversary present from my lovely bride. She SO gets me...
Cannot wait to try the OWA as I have never tasted before or have found out in the wild.
Cheers!
View attachment 124919
That antique looks like it’s a single barrel store pick!

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
New to the site. Funny, found this thread first off (after my intro). I think I found a new home...

Pic of my open bottle table and Knob Creek barrel I participated in selecting for a local LS. Not shown is my bunker of 40+ bourbons and 30+ rums...

I look forward to sharing my nightly sips with others that appreciate the good stuff. Tonight was a little Evan William's SiB 2007, then a fantastic Store Pick of 1792 SmB, finishing with a finger or two of Jeffersons Ocean Wheat. Not a fan of Jeffersons, but got to drink it occasionally to free up space on the shelf...
View attachment 124643
Very nice set up!