What's new

Today's Bourbon

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The BT store pick I sampled with the LS came in today, so I got one. I planned break into it tonight and compare to a standard BT and a different pick I have.

Got into the cabinet to find I had two of the same store picks to compare the new one to, not a pick and a standard BT. Oh well.

Both picks had good flavor, but the recent one I helped choose was a more "full palate experience". The older pick, a bottle that has been open for several months, was drier, shorter finish, with back of tongue burn. The new one was noticed on the front, middle, and back of the tongue, and had a longer finish. I wouldnt describe it as chewy, but relatively, it wasnt as thin.

Thinking back, this BT pick was much more difficult than the 3 Knob Creek picks I'd been able to sample. Tasting it brings back the reason it was chosen. It was the full palate flavor that differentiated it from the other samples. I'm not one to recite all the flavors I can taste because... well, I can't... not that talented. But I can certainly tell which I like. Answer: both were money well spent, but the more recent was a tad better.20181113_190115.jpg

Last edited: