What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally got my little sister to try her first bourbon. She’s a mojito girl, but last night had a snifter of Old Forester 86 Proof. Picked that one because of the cherry notes. Her first sip revealed the typical grimace, but the 2nd you can see a huge shift towards enjoyment.

Anyways wanted her to see the collection in it’s full glory which allowed me to explain things we love, like Barrel Proof, Mash Bills & Infinity Bottles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Head to head tonight. Rowan’s wins! :oops:
View attachment 145752
I agree with this. Despite Eagle Rare being my 2nd ever Bourbon, I found it to lack in complexity and the finish was much shorter then that of my first Bourbon; Woodford DS.

While Rowan isn’t as complex as Noah’s Mill, which it’s often compared to, it offers much complexity and nuances.

An old pic from 2015 months after getting into the hobby:

Also found a pic of my one and only bottle of Rowan:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
First pour last night was standard Elijah Craig. This was one of the first bottles I bought when I got more heavily into bourbon, and I hadn't had any in quite some time. I think the Barrel Proofs have spoiled me as this just doesn't tickle me like it did at first.

Had a pour from B519 next, just wanted to confirm what I thought (and posted above). By far the lowest proof of my ECBPs, it confirmed for me that I should stick to the higher proof ECs.