What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Late night with the Colonel last night.....
Very nice! Love the consistency with the cigar pairings you post. How many cigars would you say you have in a week? I cut back about 6 months ago. Well truth be told I couldn’t justify driving 220 miles round trip to my lounge after my move, so now I have 3-4 cigars every 2 weeks instead of every week. I’m hoping to eventually move closer so I can increase my visits, as I’ve become a regular member there after 5 years. Amazing group of guys.

I’m considering opening my wallet a little wider for a EHT Single Barrel. Has anyone tried it that can tell me what I can expect? Thanks

Edit: this might make me want to change my mind and instead give EHT Small Batch another try. It’s been years since i finished my one and only bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Very nice! Love the consistency with the cigar pairings you post. How many cigars would you say you have in a week? I cut back about 6 months ago. Well truth be told I couldn’t justify driving 220 miles round trip to my lounge after my move, so now I have 3-4 cigars every 2 weeks instead of every week. I’m hoping to eventually move closer so I can increase my visits, as I’ve become a regular member there after 5 years. Amazing group of guys.

I’m considering opening my wallet a little wider for a EHT Single Barrel. Has anyone tried it that can tell me what I can expect? Thanks

Edit: this might make me want to change my mind and instead give EHT Small Batch another try. It’s been years since i finished my one and only bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Notice that article is 2014, so a lot of the info on availability is outdated... I can get SmB about every 6 weeks, rarely see SiB anymore.

The thing you have to remember is that the Small Batch is a blend of barrels, chosen to target a certain taste profile for that brand. If you like that profile, it will be replicated in every bottle.

Single Barrel will naturally have variation from barrel to barrel. I've had SiB that was absolutely spectacular, and I've had some that were just good. The extra $20-30 is not worth it if you are satisfied with SmB, but if you like taking the chance that you will get one of the spectacular ones, that difference in $ might be worth it.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

Thank you, I enjoy trying to experiment to find the right cigar(s) for the drink. I would say I smoke 10-12 cigars a week on average. The lounge you frequent sounds great, hope you get to move closer or find another place you enjoy closer to your new place.

I have not tried the EHT SiB, but I just received a bottle of Rye yesterday from a friend, can't wait to try it.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@pbibby, cracked the McKenna last night and was happy and impressed. At $35 this bottle is outstanding. I could make a case for paying more, but the prices they want around here now ($69+) would be tough, lots of bottles I would take over McKenna at that price point and even lower. Apparently still $34 in Texas though.

Last night's pours:

Finished with two pours of Weller SR. Too happy to take a picture at that point. ;):LOL: