What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Big cigar requires a big bourbon.
Definitely gonna have this one when I get home again. Gave up any alcohol for a week, so I’m gonna celebrate once again with The Prohibition Style and my Teresa’s Batch. I’m not having a cigar until my lounge opens back up, so sadly I haven’t had a stogie since March 13th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Went to my local Binny's yesterday to see if they had anything new and/or exciting. Nothing caught my fancy, but they had some 1L bottles of daily drinkers on sale so I grabbed a couple to stash.

Last night's pour was some Teresa's Batch, needed something that would stand up to the Punch EL.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

I think my love for high proof bourbons and ryes have ruined me for pours below 100 proof (with a few exceptions). This was a gift, it is smooth but just isn't doing it for me. It won't be replaced when done.

Also did my first ever drain pour yesterday with about 2/3rds of a bottle of Basil Hayden Dark Rye finding the sewer. Tried it one last time....if I want port flavor, I'll drink port.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I think my love for high proof bourbons and ryes have ruined me for pours below 100 proof (with a few exceptions).
I too am finding this to be true as I've been drinking a lot of barrel proof (and otherwise 110-115%+) bourbons. Not too long ago, I drank some Jack no. 27 Gold, and on first sip thought to myself "wow this is the smoothest whiskey I've ever drank!" Don't get me wrong, it was really smooth, but seemed even more so without that high proof heat.