What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can I get some knowledge on what im assuming are “better” batches of bookers? And whatever else comes to mind brand date or batch wise reasonably run into-able
Here’s a link I used to help bifurcate between some of the batches. If anything it might make for an entertaining read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yesterday's purchase. "Tommy's Batch" so it seemed like a no-brainer. $79 at a new to be Mom & Pop shop.

How was Tommy’s Batch by comparison to Teresa’s? With all these Booker’s purchases you’re going to personally raise their stock prices, and in a time like this, that’s not a bad thing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I ended up waiting 5 additional days until kicking myself off the wagon and breaking my voluntary streak of 16 days without whiskey...or beer...or Malbec Wine.

Saturday pours:

Sunday pours. I couldn’t just open anything this time, no, this had to be special. After all this was the longest streak I’ve ever gone without whiskey in years.

Only my 2nd pour of the bottle (shared rest with 3 members of my cigar lounge)

Orange peel bomb

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
How was Tommy’s Batch by comparison to Teresa’s? With all these Booker’s purchases you’re going to personally raise their stock prices, and in a time like this, that’s not a bad thing.
Of course I can only base this on one (neck) pour of the Tommy's Batch, so this is subject to (some) change. For my palate (I tend to like the backend heat <phrasing>) I enjoy the Teresa's and the Country Ham better than the Tommy's. Maybe the higher proof, or that Teresa funk? That being said, I'd still reach for Tommy's over many in the same price range.

Which Willett is that, I assume something rarer than the 4 year?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Of course I can only base this on one (neck) pour of the Tommy's Batch, so this is subject to (some) change. For my palate (I tend to like the backend heat ) I enjoy the Teresa's and the Country Ham better than the Tommy's. Maybe the higher proof, or that Teresa funk? That being said, I'd still reach for Tommy's over many in the same price range.

Which Willett is that, I assume something rarer than the 4 year?
Good to know about the Tommy Batch. My first Booker’s was 02-2016, back when it was only $58. Man those were the days.

That’s actually the 4 year Willett. In my travels this allocated Rye definitely qualifies as rare, as it only comes around once or twice a year at my shops. It’s my 2nd bottle and in my top 5 whiskies of all time.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Of all the bottles I’ve bought, this is my first time picking up any bottle of Knob Creek. Cracked it last night and really enjoyed it.

I had a similar reaction with Knob Creek Single Barrel at the Montecristo Lounge at JR Cigars. I was shocked it was so good and that I waited so long to try it. The Small Batch I wasn’t so much a fan of though.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@BourbonBinder , I really like all the New Riff offerings. Friends who have been in the bourbon realm long before I say it's great now, and will be outstanding in 3-4 more years and not outsourcing anything.

Price points around here are $39-44 for the BiB (bourbon and rye), and $45-49 for the SiB, including store picks. Easy to love at the price. Do you have it in your area?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
@BourbonBinder , I really like all the New Riff offerings. Friends who have been in the bourbon realm long before I say it's great now, and will be outstanding in 3-4 more years and not outsourcing anything.

Price points around here are $39-44 for the BiB (bourbon and rye), and $45-49 for the SiB, including store picks. Easy to love at the price. Do you have it in your area?
Second this. Have only had one bottle, and TBH the first our was just OK to me, but it developed over time and was really good.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thanks! Unfortunately it’s not in my area as of yet. Those are some fair market prices too