What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
A friend from Cincinnati was in town and came by yesterday. We opened the 1991 Booker's that he gifted me in August. The bottles from this timeframe sell for a premium, and now I understand why. Outstanding bourbon, and I was lucky enough to share it with outstanding company.

Of course, he couldn't come by empty handed (of course he could have, but never does), and brought a Peerless Rye SiB picked by The Whisky Chicks group. Very buttery and sweet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me a few minutes to find it the first time Brian, shining a light on it sometimes helps to see where it is.
2 posts in 1.

Tom -

I’ve looked and looked all over this bottle. There are no markings what so ever on it. I even had the boss look.

Had 4R limited edition 21 and 22 with our good friends this weekend. The 21 won out but it’s had some air for quite some time. The 22 had just been opened and I enjoyed it more personally. My guess is with some air and time it may win out over the 21 but we will revisit after we move into our temporary living quarters in my shop while the boss’ house is getting built.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@brianc636 , I'm told some of the codes get rubbed off. I've got codes on both the bottles I have, and several friends' bottles as well, but I've heard there are lots of legit bottles that the code isn't there.

Last night went 100 proof. Carlos @Texican, McConaughey is probably cursing me from his Lincoln for exceeding 86. :LOL:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@brianc636 , I'm told some of the codes get rubbed off. I've got codes on both the bottles I have, and several friends' bottles as well, but I've heard there are lots of legit bottles that the code isn't there.

Last night went 100 proof. Carlos @Texican, McConaughey is probably cursing me from his Lincoln for exceeding 86. :LOL:

The Longbranch was ok-ish. Reminded me of 101 but with a little less funk and a lot of vanilla on the nose. My only complaint was the proof, hahaha. I kept waiting for that nice sting at the end of each sip but it never came. I will say though...it was the perfect bottle to bring up to Colorado. 11k feet above sea level does some VERY interesting things to a man's proof tolerance! :ROFLMAO:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The Longbranch was ok-ish. Reminded me of 101 but with a little less funk and a lot of vanilla on the nose. My only complaint was the proof, hahaha. I kept waiting for that nice sting at the end of each sip but it never came. I will say though...it was the perfect bottle to bring up to Colorado. 11k feet above sea level does some VERY interesting things to a man's proof tolerance! :ROFLMAO:

I didn't think of buying the LB when I saw the proof, but I am glad it at least was the right choice for the mountains Carlos! (y)