What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I went with the GF shopping yesterday. Got to stop in a store I go to 2-3 times a year. Karma?

Pinkie's Batch (22-04)

Opened it up, the first (neck) pour was delicious. I think the batches just keep getting better this year.

Sunday I stayed on the Booker's train with Lumberyard and Bardstown.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No Knob Creek open on my bar for a few weeks, so I cracked a new 9 year single barrel pick. It's really good, almost as good as some of the 14 year picks I've had.

In my young bourbon career thus far...if I absolutely HAD to pick one bottle...it would be the Knob Creek 9 SB. Especially when it's $50-$60. Punches SO far above it's weight class, and is not too horribly hard to find.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Speaking of being early on in my bourbon career...funny thing I was just reminded of. Last fall/winter, when I was just starting to try and explore the "good stuff", I went to Total Wine. Not a mistake in and of itself by any means. BUT, I was approached by the bourbon guy who recommended I try a particular bottle (following such recommendations was the mistake as I later learned). On his recommendation, I purchased a bottle that he "recommends to people who come in here looking for Blanton's, because it tastes just like it".

Long story short:

1) Price I paid for an absolutely HORRENDOUS bottle of bourbon that "tastes like Blanton's" - $75

2) Price I paid last month for an actual bottle of Blanton's - $60

There's a fool born every day, and I was apparently a newborn several times last year. :ROFLMAO:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
In my young bourbon career thus far...if I absolutely HAD to pick one bottle...it would be the Knob Creek 9 SB. Especially when it's $50-$60. Punches SO far above it's weight class, and is not too horribly hard to find.
Definitely one of the best values in good bourbon, and the store picks are delicious too and often around the same price point. (y)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Yesterday's pickup was a 2015 export batch of Booker's. It beats several of the US batches from that year for my palate.

Last night had some 22-03 (Kentucky Tea) Booker's and some 139/6 proof Old Carter.