What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
First Pinhook I ever tried was the 2018 Bourbon Country (high proof batch) I bought on a whim in Boston. I've had numerous different Pinhook offerings since then, but besides a couple single barrel picks, nothing has touched the 2018. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I walked into a liquor store by a doctor's office I had not been to before. They only have one offering, but it's the 2018 Bourbon Country version. And they have more than a case of it. And it's at 2018 MSRP.

I bought a bottle to bring home and see if it's as good as I remember it. If so, those bottles have been sitting there for 5 years, so I know when I go back to that doctor in May, there will be plenty more if I decide to stock a couple/few.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Had an opportunity to taste some different to me pours at the New Orleans Bourbon Festival

Didn't take pics but I was very impressed with

Knob Creek 18 yr
King's County Peated Bourbon
New Riff Malted Rye
Castle and Key Bourbon
Kentucky Owl
Kentucky Owl Takumi Edition

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Not a fan of 99% of Texas bourbon I've tried. This one is neither awful nor great, but it is 118 proof, so there's that.

View attachment 179974
I saw that one today and was curious, Carlos, I am glad I didn't bite.

Been sick all weekend, but I did have a nip here and there to try and break up the crud in my throat. It worked a little, and I probably would have continued even if it didn't. ;) :LOL: