What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yes they are the same mashbill. Blantons is the cream off that crop. It use to be that ETL was $29.99 then it went to 32, the last bottle was 39.99. blantons is regularly available and now only $15 more. I opened this bottle and have one more back up, I'll then go to Blantons.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Pappy 12
Elmer T Lee
Col. EH Taylor Single Barrel
A barrel select flight of Four Roses, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof and High West Barrel Aged Manhattan Finish
Old Bardstown Black Lab
Barrel Bourbon New Year 2017

And now a headache.

The Pappy 12 was phenomenal, but it was the Barrel Bourbon that really made an impression. I'd love to try it again to see if I get the same notes, but I swear it tasted like smokey, maple syrup-y, bacon. It's was like nothing I've had before. It was amazing. And the only thing I remembered to take a picture of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this is a Bourbon thread but I felt the urge to share with y'all my very first Rye Whiskey experience. Well my first bourbon was Woodford Reserve Distillers Select, it's what catapulted me forward in this hobby & I've yet to find a bourbon as memorable (the 1st usually has that affect). So I couldn't think of a better 1st Rye than Woodford Reserve Rye & there against the grain (lol get it?) reputation. I've only had yet 2 glencairn's but am scratching my head as to what to think of it. It's much spicier and peppier in the backend & is quite dry. It's not bad but I guess I was hoping in one hand and....well u know the rest of that line. I guess this is just another reason to LOVE BOURBON even more now. I can't imagine putting water in it as I don't even add water to Bookers. I'm a neat drinker but this stuff is giving me a little heartburn lol (52% rye I believe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: