What's new

Today's Bourbon

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
@BourbonBinder. I've been using that water for a year. I will not buy it anymore after I read the back which I circled for you. I'll just refill the bottle with my home R.O.
Less than 10 ppm of tds is "scrubbed water"
Let alone Kentucky limestone......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
@BourbonBinder. I've been using that water for a year. I will not buy it anymore after I read the back which I circled for you. I'll just refill the bottle with my home R.O.

You are 100% correct @Jfire . One I do like is Green Valley Spring Water. If I am out of that then I use good old Tennessee limestone water from my well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thanks for sharing.
What would you recommend than as an alternative? I'm against deliberately adding water rich with iron in it as that is the allure of Kentucky limestone water (rich in calcium & iron free). Iron, which of course turns whiskey black & acrid during the distillation process, which is why I stay away from it in my bourbon. One; as to not offend the craftsmanship & two; not to alter the taste or affect the silkyness of the whiskey (when lowering the proof). I live in New Jersey (no limestone wells in sight for me).

I think that's why I'm not so fond of Scotch; water is the one component Scots seem to be not so enthusiastic about. Where in Bourbon; every component is special. The limestone water just might be the most special

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wild Turkey Rare Breed on Tuesday

Willet on Wednesday

Buffalo Trace tonight

That's one of the coolest looking glasses I've seen. What's it called & how does it compare to a Glencairn or a standard snifter? Is it made for ice?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That's one of the coolest looking glasses I've seen. What's it called & how does it compare to a Glencairn or a standard snifter? Is it made for ice?
It's called the Norlan glass and supposedly a lot of science went into its design (www.norlanglass.com). It's similar to a glencairn in that the inner tulip shape help concentrate the aromatics. There are 4 fins on the inside that are intended to increase aeration when you swirl your whiskey around. One of the things I like most is that you get the benefit of the tulip shaped glass while having the feel of a tumbler in the hand.

While I can't tell you whether it's the actual science that went in to the glass, or just the psychological effect of thinking the glass will make a difference, but I definitely feel like I enjoy my bourbon more now than when I was using a tumbler. They are not cheap, but I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for some glassware.

They are designed for whiskey to be drank neat, but you can fit regular ice cubes in them; a large cube or sphere will not fit.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
It's called the Norman glass and supposedly a lot of science went into its design (www.normanglass.com). It's similar to a glencairn in that the inner tulip shape help concentrate the aromatics. There are 4 fins on the inside that are intended to increase aeration when you swirl your whiskey around. One of the things I like most is that you get the benefit of the tulip shaped glass while having the feel of a tumbler in the hand.

While I can't tell you whether it's the actual science that went in to the glass, or just the psychological effect of thinking the glass will make a difference, but I definitely feel like I enjoy my bourbon more now than when I was using a tumbler. They are not cheap, but I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for some glassware.

They are designed for whiskey to be drank neat, but you can fit regular ice cubes in them; a large cube or sphere will not fit.

Fixed it for you.