What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually increased it to $35 from $30 because of certain bourbons I've encountered, and it broadens the range quite a bit.. I've found its quite difficult to find an under $30 bourbon that has everything, or most, that I prefer: High Proof (but not mandatory) Thick oily mouth-feel, medium to long finish, complexity rich (not one or 2 dimensional). Here's a list of what I've had so far since I started my "Cigar Bourbon" classification: Bulliet (I knew what I was getting into lol), Buffalo Trace, Old Grand Dad 114, Wathens, and now Old Forrester 86. I know not very impressive so far (besides Wathen's and maybe OGD 114). Either way I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and always find or try my best to find a redeemable quality of every whiskey I buy. (after all I appreciate the time and money spent in the craftsmanship of this fine spirit, and waste not even a drop...i use the remaining drops as a cologne, always get wired looks with that one at my lounge lol)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Crossed these two off my list today. They were both absolutely incredible. Honestly. They were great. Awesome awesome bourbons. Definitely not worth secondary market prices of course, but they are damn good bourbons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow rare find in that George T Stagg. 144.1 proof must go down velvety smooth. Did you enjoy both Neat?

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
143 Proof of buttery goodness. super jealous but i'm sure it was well earned. Do you drink yours neat?
I drink everything neat, unless it's no good and then I'll maybe set it aside for cocktails. I love that oily, thick, viscous mouthfeel, and if it burns I just take small sips.

Also, no need to be jealous, I have a hunch you'll be trying some soon. ;)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Several pours of Koval bourbon. Picked up a bottle while at the beach. Some Noah's Mill and Woodford as well.

Also may have jumped into the Rye world. Had a few ours of Sagamore Spirits Rye, and scooped a bottle of Willet Family Estate 3 year Rye after having a glass at dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I drink everything neat, unless it's no good and then I'll maybe set it aside for cocktails. I love that oily, thick, viscous mouthfeel, and if it burns I just take small sips.

Also, no need to be jealous, I have a hunch you'll be trying some soon. ;)
Holy Potatoes!!! Wow!!! Your hunch as me grinning ear to ear. :jawdrop::nailbiting::) Thanks @erjaq

I completely agree with you on drinking everything neat. The only thing i ever put water in was my 1st Rye (which gave me heartburn until I did). I too love the oily viscous mouth feel, its a feeling i'm always chasing when I research and buy my next bottle. I haven't experienced it enough though (Bookers, Woodford, Blantons), but that doesn't stop me from enjoying every bottle I buy. I always try to find a redeemable quality considering the time it took to craft.

Last edited: