What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Tennessee Dave

Question for you bourbon guys... neighbor and i will be trying Mint Juleps tomorrow....

What would be a good easy to get bourbon for around $30 a bottle
Woodford Reserve Distillers Select would be excellent for Mint Juleps as it already has a nice long menthol mint finish to it ($35 near me in NJ, but we're kind of an expensive state for whiskey)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How do u like that glass? I thought it was too gimmicky like the skull within the glass ...glass. So I passed on it
I like it a lot. I don't really know if is the supposed science that went in to it, or just the psychological effect of thinking the glass should improve the experience, but I feel like when using the glass there is less of the in your face ethanol some bourbon hit you with, and flavors seem to pop a little more. Either way I enjoy using them lol. It's not a cheap set, but I'd recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I like it a lot. I don't really know if is the supposed science that went in to it, or just the psychological effect of thinking the glass should improve the experience, but I feel like when using the glass there is less of the in your face ethanol some bourbon hit you with, and flavors seem to pop a little more. Either way I enjoy using them lol. It's not a cheap set, but I'd recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Design wise it's like a wide mouthed glencairn I can see how it would work for bourbon and scotch as well. I usually just use I wide open rocks glass and drink neat.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I like the way the Glencairn concentrates the nose but I hate that the lip of the glass hits the bottom of my nose when I take a sip. IMHO that takes away a bit of the flavor for me. I want a glass that allows me to get my nose in there as well. This glass seems to allow that but so does my snifter.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I fe
I like the way the Glencairn concentrates the nose but I hate that the lip of the glass hits the bottom of my nose when I take a sip. IMHO that takes away a bit of the flavor for me. I want a glass that allows me to get my nose in there as well. This glass seems to allow that but so does my snifter.
I feel you on that sharp lip of a glencairn. I too love a snifter, I've nearly bought one but decided that since most bars around NJ don't recognize that quality and usefulness of a Glencairn, I would hold off and it would be something I look forward to when going out for my bourbon.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I also find that a Glencairn is almost too good at what it does when it comes to high-proof stuff. Too much alcohol on the nose, difficult to pick out anything else. I only use mine when I'm drinking ~100 proof stuff (which is almost never haha), use a straight rocks glass for the big bourbons.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally opened this bottle. A bit different for sure. I am not an Old Forester fan in general but this is a fine whiskey.
View attachment 98892
I'll have to keep that one in mind as I'm not really an Old Forester fan either. The 86 Proof Blue collard one (with screw top) had a cherry cough syrup finish to it. I was always more of a Dimatapp fan myself as a wee lad LOL..