What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
How much was your bottle if you don't mind me asking? We had a crazy price increase here in NJ ($93). Not sure if it's worth that to me for a readily available Barrel Strength.
$60 down here. It was on the shelf at a little country store in Folsom, La. down the road from my in laws' place. Probably a little more at the shops in the metro area of New Orleans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in jersey too brother. This cost me $54 today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice!! Most places I frequent in Central Jersey have increased it to $93 but Joe Canals in Islin NJ has it for $55 but right next to it has one for $93 (can't figure out why), maybe an older batch. Like I said above, Jim Beam should drop the wood box and drive down the price (one is okay but how many end up in the garbage, I still have mine BTW). Or make it a quarterly allocation, that way the exorbitant price tag for such a commonplace bourbon (literally everywhere here) wouldn't seem so unreasonable. For nearly a hundo that Jim Beam is charging I can get several of way finer barrel proof bourbons that @erjaq was kind enough to let me sample.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice pour of Booker's while out and about last night. It's nice to see at a few local bars.....

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk
How's it taste with all that ice? I could never bring myself to do that with my Booker's, but for some reason it looks "VERY REFRESHING" (Seinfeld)...and this is coming from a strictly Neat bourbon appreciator

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
$60 down here. It was on the shelf at a little country store in Folsom, La. down the road from my in laws' place. Probably a little more at the shops in the metro area of New Orleans.

"On a shelf at a little country store in Folsom" sounds like a place i wanna go to

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How's it taste with all that ice? I could never bring myself to do that with my Booker's, but for some reason it looks "VERY REFRESHING" (Seinfeld)...and this is coming from a strictly Neat bourbon appreciator
It was nice, but it got watered down real fast which over time made it taste like I was drinking water. I was distracted and should've asked for it neat. My own fault.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Can anyone get Elijah Craig Barrel Proof readily? Or is it an allocated one? Also can anyone get the 12 year? Looking for some. Kinda just curious on availability of these in general

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was nice, but it got watered down real fast which over time made it taste like I was drinking water. I was distracted and should've asked for it neat. My own fault.

Lol that's a whole lot of ice, I can't believe they put so much in a barrel proof (costly) bourbon. When i go out I usually pay $13 for a snifter of Booker's. What was the name of the bar, you're not to to far away from me, although all that traffic would suggest otherwise. My twin brother was just in Long Island for that crazy triple murder of that family (he's a freelance camera operator & editor for NBC)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Blind No Longer Bourbon Review #1

Bottle A: 2016 William LaRue Weller

Proof: 135.4

New Tasting Notes:
Watched Bourbon Brother's Review of the 2016 Buffalo Trace Antique Collection for a base to this review, and because their channel is awesome.

A real rich reddish shade, one of the darkest I've seen yet. Rich tobacco & cedar oak, plum raisins on the bouquet. French Vanilla, tobacco & spices on the palate with a rich oily syrupy mouthfeel. Thick as pudding lol. Not the same finish as Stagg but still Looonger than most.

A real honor. (4 1/2 stars)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Lol that's a whole lot of ice, I can't believe they put so much in a barrel proof (costly) bourbon. When i go out I usually pay $13 for a snifter of Booker's. What was the name of the bar, you're not to to far away from me, although all that traffic would suggest otherwise. My twin brother was just in Long Island for that crazy triple murder of that family (he's a freelance camera operator & editor for NBC)
Yeah it was alot. That was my fault for asking for some on the rocks. I now know for next time never to do that again.

And I know exactly where you're talking about too. I'm about 20-30 mins maybe a little more time with crazy traffic from that area.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Can anyone get Elijah Craig Barrel Proof readily? Or is it an allocated one? Also can anyone get the 12 year? Looking for some. Kinda just curious on availability of these in general

Do they even make EC 12 anymore? I thought they took the age statement off the label, and it's now just Elijah Craig Small Batch.