What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The wife is the cigarette smoker. I'm strictly cigars and an occasional pipe.
Likewise!! Although I'm more of an aspiring pipe aficionado. Got my eye on a beautiful Savinelli Sistina Poker. For now I stick with my 2 corncobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Never had Larceny but it's on my list. That's one healthy pour btw

It's definitely worth having in rotation, especially at the price. Since it's on the sweeter side I think it would make a good bourbon to share with people who aren't familiar with the spirit despite the higher than average proof and I think it would pair with cigars exceptionally well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tried this one for the first time last night... Yowza!!! This one brings the heat and tastes much younger than I would have expected for a 15 year bourbon... Cheers!
I agree on the heat, although I thought it was befitting of the age statement with my bottle. Did you get a dark chocolate on the palate like I did with mine?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where's your lounge.
"Mane Street Cigars" (not main) right next to the train station in Woodbridge, NJ.
53 Main St, Woodbridge, NJ 07095

No minimums, BYOB friendly (with no cork fee), decent sized humidor, and best of all a sweet lounge. There's also a small brotherhood of regulars who all know each other, mostly retired cops, correctional, and firefighters. Its located next to Woodbridge Police (could be a clue lol)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
"Mane Street Cigars" (not main) right next to the train station in Woodbridge, NJ.
53 Main St, Woodbridge, NJ 07095

No minimums, BYOB friendly (with no cork fee), decent sized humidor, and best of all a sweet lounge. There's also a small brotherhood of regulars who all know each other, mostly retired cops, correctional, and firefighters. Its located next to Woodbridge Police (could be a clue lol)
No kidding. I used to live in Woodbridge. Now I'm in Hillsborough.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Blind No Longer Bourbon Review #4
Bottle D: Willet Family Estate 14 year Barrel # 2061
Proof: 122.8 (had to look that up as @erjaq was away in Vegas and couldn't confirm the proof)
New Tasting Notes:
The bouquet leads me to believe this one is gonna be much softer than that Elijah Craig I just had, which is quite welcoming. Lots of spicy cedar, although being a 14 year old that's 122.8 proof, it's no slouch either when you pair it with 75% of today's bourbon (mostly being 100 proof or lower). This bourbon's proof is nearly equal to my Booker's, which at one point was the highest and wildest Barrel Proof bourbon I ever had (also one of my old favorites) I say old because apparently you have opened my eyes @erjaq, as to what else is out there. A little maple syrup once it opened up, thick and rich mouthfeel and a elegant long finish with a soft and playful mid palate. I think I could see myself drinking this bourbon on a daily, it has that perfect middle-ground.....however second market pricing is quite the opposite of anything middle-ground.

Rating: 4.25/5

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

EC Barrel Proof. Again very good. Also, brilliant tip to not use a glencairn for high proofs. Since switching to a wider glass I've noticed I'm able to handle the higher proofs neat!

Glad it's helping you enjoy these Barrel Proof Bourbons Neat. I wish I could share in that feeling, however I'll stick with my Glencairns for Barrel Proofs, or at least until I find something that blocks out my snoz and has a less concentrated rim. I've been told I have a big nose, although I don't see it lol. (so it can't be that big)

Last edited: