What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A cigar group on Facebook that I belong to.
LOL did Facebook corner the secondary market for guys buying rare allocations from? Not much advertising has been done by it, cause this is literally the first time that I've been hearing about it. I've pretty much relied on craigslist and eBay for this type of stuff. Being 33 I sort of steered clear of the whole Facebook thing over the years, but if this is where its at for Bourbon or rare cigars, then I might have to reconsider.

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
LOL did Facebook corner the secondary market for guys buying rare allocations from? Not much advertising has been done by it, cause this is literally the first time that I've been hearing about it. I've pretty much relied on craigslist and eBay for this type of stuff. Being 33 I sort of steered clear of the whole Facebook thing over the years, but if this is where its at for Bourbon or rare cigars, then I might have to reconsider.
Well I'm 56 and embraced a few small parts of Facebook. One is to keep in touch with family that is spread out all over the U.S.. Another is a couple of cigar groups that are strictly for sales. Now to quote @Jfire and @Tennessee Dave it had a lot to do with relationships, as most Cigar Groups won't let you sell liquor. But after selling over 10,000 cigars and buying quite a few. They let me slide and sell that bottle. I'm not a bourbon connoisseur this is more my style. ;)

Edited In: P.S. Facebook has a few Bourbon etc groups that sell, but I am not a member of any of them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so just as a change of pace I'll actually post today's bourbon
View attachment 106532
A welcome change of pace indeed. Love Booker's, easily one of the most consistent Barrel Proof Bourbons that also happens to be readily available most places. I love their bottle marketing too, those little stickers always makes for an enjoying little read. That's a high proof for Booker's too.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I'm 56 and embraced a few small parts of Facebook. One is to keep in touch with family that is spread out all over the U.S.. Another is a couple of cigar groups that are strictly for sales. Now to quote @Jfire and @Tennessee Dave it had a lot to do with relationships, as most Cigar Groups won't let you sell liquor. But after selling over 10,000 cigars and buying quite a few. They let me slide and sell that bottle. I'm not a bourbon connoisseur this is more my style. ;)

Edited In: P.S. Facebook has a few Bourbon etc groups that sell, but I am not a member of any of them.

Awesome, very well said sir!! Glad it worked out for you and I agree about Facebook and utilizing what helps you stay closer to family. I just created an account for my aunt who used it to get in touch with her niece in France, which is the only way she can communicate with her.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Those jars looks delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
So, I just went through this entire thread, took me a day & a half. I just found this thread, thank you Dave.

Be watching for me to post in here quite regularly like Mr. Tort. I just started on the bourbon hobby, and I am enjoying the hell out of it, and I have started a nice small collection as well. Cheers brothers.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
First ever Weller 12. Here we go.

FYI. This is good stuff. I'm not really familiar with wheaters. This is definitely more subtle. Not as much "obvious" flavor,etc. But again. Very nice pour. Worth what I paid for it. I would not pay the inflated price for it. But at or around retail I think it's a good buy. Excited for another glass tonight!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
A cigar and whiskey blog that I follow called "Stogie on the Rocks" had a great review of this glass, he also pointed out one negative drawback with it. When you go to sip the whiskey you have to tip the glass back quite considerably, if not careful you can over-saturate your palate, and pour too much. I read elsewhere that some were tipping it back so much that they got surprised and swallowed it down the wrong tube LOL. I had that happen once when I first started and it wasn't fun, can't image what it would've been like with 120+ proof though, mine was luckily only 90.4. I love the concept of the Neat Glass but this drawback made me think twice about adding it to my small and limited collection. The search continues for me in adding a glass that will allow me to appreciate the higher proofed Barrel Proof bourbons out there.

http://www.stogiesontherocks.com/article/neat-glass/
Here are the two glasses I am thinking about getting. I do not care for the Glencarin's they are too small, and I have to tilt my head way back to drink, very uncomfortable when having a conversation.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RII1Y0W/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2WAXK2WLZ5CH2&colid=2EKXZMRY0IDPA&psc=0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ATV2Q5Q/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I219Q0MVU4ZS5A&colid=2EKXZMRY0IDPA&psc=1

Anyone have any reviews on these?

I have thought about the Norlan (Norman :D)glass, but I just think they are way over priced, and with these 2 I get 6 glasses for about the same price as the Norman's.

I follow It's Bourbon night on YT, and I've noticed that they use the 1st glass I linked quite a bit.
You might like them @BourbonBinder they blind review bourbons, and only Ky bourbon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuaWfZ9zdiH_io26xWbsprg

Last edited: