What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Lol I'm not really sure what there purpose was with the experiment. It's good bourbon and cool to try some of the the really limited releases but for the price, I would still pick up Blantons or Hudson Baby Bourbon first.

I have to have you, Cindy, and Matthew over soon; you'll have to try some and let me k ow what you think.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good buddy.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
After a day of what seemed like nonstop crying from my son, I feel like I deserve this one.

Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection - 30 minute infrared light treatment. I don't know what the additional time at slightly lower power does, but this one seems much better than the 15 minute one. Oak, vanilla, what I think I would describe as clove but I could be off there.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection - 30 minute infrared light treatment. I don't know what the additional time at slightly lower power does, but this one seems much better than the 15 minute one. Oak, vanilla, what I think I would describe as clove but I could be off there.
Huh, I had not heard about this, but I guess it's just a way to char the barrels more evenly than the typical flame technique. As you probably know the charring treats the surface in a way that increases the flavor input from the barrel to the liquid (which is the main source of flavor beyond 'heat'). Varying degrees of char give different effects -- more or less smokiness, or vanilla, or whatever. The IR light may do the same thing, or may open up new possibilities, who knows. Gonna check this out, thanks!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Huh, I had not heard about this, but I guess it's just a way to char the barrels more evenly than the typical flame technique. As you probably know the charring treats the surface in a way that increases the flavor input from the barrel to the liquid (which is the main source of flavor beyond 'heat'). Varying degrees of char give different effects -- more or less smokiness, or vanilla, or whatever. The IR light may do the same thing, or may open up new possibilities, who knows. Gonna check this out, thanks!
Yeah they treated the barrels with infrared light waves prior to a #1 char. The liquor store had one more bottle as of Tuesday. If you want me to try and grab it for you if still available, let me know. Not sure if it was the 15 or 30 minute variation tho.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Yeah they treated the barrels with infrared light waves prior to a #1 char. The liquor store had one more bottle as of Tuesday. If you want me to try and grab it for you if still available, let me know. Not sure if it was the 15 or 30 minute variation tho.

Thanks for the offer, I'm gonna talk to my whiskey-knowledgeable buddy and see if he has any, or knows where to get it. (I'm guessing 'yes' but I'll let you know -- thanks for the offer.)