What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
A lot of things around here we don't need... You enjoy fine cigars and fine bourbon, why not get into some fine coffee? Of all my hobbies, coffee is probably the least expensive. Granted I haven't jumped into a proper espresso machine
I usually buy decent coffee (I think?), I'm sure it would taste better in some other coffeemaker but I just don't really care to invest the effort. For now, anyway. I'm sure in a few months I'll be importing hand-picked beans from a shady mountain in Jamaica to brew in some elaborate copper pour over machine from Sweden or whatever.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I prefer Stagg Jr to Bookers if we are comparing the two - It is richer - I get a weird nutty peanut thing from Bookers, though I am still working my way through my first bottle
I have yet to be lucky enough to buy a bottle of Stagg JR here in Jersey. Both stores that I frequent (and am on waiting lists for the rare bourbons) usually get a case of it and its gone before it hits the shelf. Which even strengthens my prior argument about lowering the price of Bookers, and making it a quarterly allocation. I bet you it would fly off the shelf, like Stagg Jr does ($50). I agree about taking long to get through a bottle (as its true with most high proofed bourbons), you certainly appreciate it more, I know I did. It took me 3 months to polish off my bottle.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have yet to be lucky enough to buy a bottle of Stagg JR here in Jersey. Both stores that I frequent (and am on waiting lists for the rare bourbons) usually get a case of it and its gone before it hits the shelf. Which even strengthens my prior argument about lowering the price of Bookers, and making it a quarterly allocation. I bet you it would fly off the shelf, like Stagg Jr does. I agree about taking long to get through a bottle (as its true with most high proofed bourbons), you certainly appreciate it more, I know I did. It took me 3 months to polish off my bottle.
I guess I get lucky. Usually find a bottle here & there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess I get lucky. Usually find a bottle here & there

I can't wait to find a bottle myself. I'm looking to buy 2 (one for cellar and the other for sipping). I know its a long shot (and probably will take a miracle) but i'm really excited about getting my paws on George T Stagg, Pappy Van Winkle, Old Rip, and anything from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. A bourbon guy can dream right

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I can't wait to find a bottle myself. I'm looking to buy 2 (one for cellar and the other for sipping). I know its a long shot (and probably will take a miracle) but i'm really excited about getting my paws on George T Stagg, Pappy Van Winkle, Old Rip, and anything from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. A bourbon guy can dream right
Good luck

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
all of those bourbons are VERY available, you just have to be willing to pay secondary prices. also, skip the ORVW/PVW stuff, what you really want is the WLW from BTAC -- far superior in my opinion.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
all of those bourbons are VERY available, you just have to be willing to pay secondary prices. also, skip the ORVW/PVW stuff, what you really want is the WLW from BTAC -- far superior in my opinion.
lol I don't think I can swing secondary market prices, I've seen them reach as high as $5000 for certain Bourbons. Being here in Jersey i'm not too picky, if its rare and happens to be Bourbon...I'll take it. But unfortunately at this point in my career I can only afford retail prices. Thanks for the suggestions nonetheless

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
lol I don't think I can swing secondary market prices, I've seen them reach as high as $5000 for certain Bourbons. Being here in Jersey i'm not too picky, if its rare and happens to be Bourbon...I'll take it. But unfortunately at this point in my career I can only afford retail prices. Thanks for the suggestions nonetheless
PM me your addy, I'll send you a few samples.

(Or maybe you would rather not know what you're missing...?)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been awhile since I contributed here so let's have a look at what's in my rotation.
1. Rowan's Creek for my home pour, non cigar bourbon. For 100.1 proof it's not knocking my socks off, not much mouth feel. I just had Noah's mill (the older brother) & that was amazing. Complexity rich and full of flavor. I'd even go as far as saying it was the closest thing to Booker's that I've tasted.
2. Old Forrester 86 Proof for my cigar lounge bourbon. A little to lite for me but I'm still enjoying it, so are the guys at my lounge lol. It was also my first ever "screw-top" non-corked bourbon I've had in my collection. Was a bit dissapointed price wise with that one. At least give me a synthetic cork. Beautiful bottle nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Been awhile since I contributed here so let's have a look at what's in my rotation.
1. Rowan's Creek for my home pour, non cigar bourbon. For 100.1 proof it's not knocking my socks off, not much mouth feel. I just had Noah's mill (the older brother) & that was amazing. Complexity rich and full of flavor. I'd even go as far as saying it was the closest thing to Booker's that I've tasted.
2. Old Forrester 86 Proof for my cigar lounge bourbon. A little to lite for me but I'm still enjoying it, so are the guys at my lounge lol. It was also my first ever "screw-top" non-corked bourbon I've had in my collection. Was a bit dissapointed price wise with that one. At least give me a synthetic cork. Beautiful bottle nonetheless

Henry McKenna BiB is another really solid bourbon that happens to have a screw top. I'd definitely recommend picking up a bottle. Not mind blowing, but a really solid 10 single barrel for ~$30.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Henry McKenna BiB is another really solid bourbon that happens to have a screw top. I'd definitely recommend picking up a bottle. Not mind blowing, but a really solid 10 single barrel for ~$30.

Thanks, I'll be on the lookout for that for my next Cigar Bourbon. I have a rule when it comes to "cigar bourbons": Under $35. I'm always on the lookout for a rich complex bourbon that I can also share with the guys at my lounge (another reason why I keep it under $35).
Hopefully my State (NJ) stocks that one. Wish we had Elmer T. Lee too.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First pour. Very interesting.

What does Four Grain taste like? Only EHT i've had was their small batch and i wasn't too impressed how light & short it was. I'm looking to try The EHT Single Barrel next, which i hear is more complex with a thicker mouth feel. Here in NJ the only EHT i've seen was: Small Batch, Single Barrel, and maybe a Rye here and there.