What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How much of a ripoff are these prices? I was at a new Spirit store near me after attending a BTAC raffle at my local shop (spoilers I didn’t win anything like last year :cry:). I’ve never seen either of these on the shelf before which is why I ask. Frankly I was almost shocked seeing them still there...but the price might have something to do with that.

Isn’t there a law against a retail store selling at projected secondary market prices? My 2017 bottle of George T Stagg was $102 after taxes.

A guy at my cigar lounge was lucky enough to find 3 bottles of the 107 Weller at his local B&M for $38 each.

They have Blanton’s but wow has the price increased (use to be $50)

Just for fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That Stagg and the Wellers are ridiculous. MSRP is $99 on the Stagg, $20 on the WSR, $25 on the OWA. The Blantons is usually Mid-$50s to lower $60s here. That Loius XIII is always expensive, don't know anything about it, and I dont usually pay attention to the price...

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The prices you guys have and see are amazing. Here in Washington, we've got the highest liquor tax in the nation. $35.xx a gallon.
Even a bottle of the good stuff, R&R , will put you back $25-$30 bucks....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s definitely not Bourbon but boy do I have a treat to share with you guys. A regular at my cigar lounge brought this “once in a lifetime” in to share with everyone. It’s a late 1950’s sealed bottle of Remy Martin Cognac. It was stored in his fathers basement since the early 60’s. It was smooth and very viscous. I’ve never had cognac before and I’m sure I just ruined it for me as everything else will fail in comparison to this. Generous guy

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
It’s definitely not Bourbon but boy do I have a treat to share with you guys. A regular at my cigar lounge brought this “once in a lifetime” in to share with everyone. It’s a late 1950’s sealed bottle of Remy Martin Cognac. It was stored in his fathers basement since the early 60’s. It was smooth and very viscous. I’ve never had cognac before and I’m sure I just ruined it for me as everything else will fail in comparison to this. Generous guy

Nice but I just want that Reese’s lmao

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Also anyone hear anything about a rumor that they are going to start allocating Henry McKenna?

I hadn’t heard about that. However I did hear that they were gonna lose their 10 year age statement and have already raised the price $10 here in New Jersey

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I hadn’t heard about that. However I did hear that they were gonna lose their 10 year age statement and have already raised the price $10 here in New Jersey

Seriously? Lose the age statement?

Frick. These places seriously have 0 interest in what's right huh. Damn

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Seriously? Lose the age statement?

Frick. These places seriously have 0 interest in what's right huh. Damn

I should caveat this by saying I'm all for the free market. It's just frustrating that the entire bourbon world is going younger and younger in their bourbon and higher and higher with their prices