What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
That's still higher than the price I was paying on the '09 vintage, excellent for $25. At $30 I'll be looking at others in the price range

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I’m open to suggestions for my next purchase if you got any in that price range. Normally Wild turkey 101 is my go to, but I was in the mood for something different so I settled on this one. I also like Bulliet, Tin Cup, & Knob Creek. Still would like to find a few others that I like around that price.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I should caveat this by saying I'm all for the free market. It's just frustrating that the entire bourbon world is going younger and younger in their bourbon and higher and higher with their prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it is because dustillers didn’t see this kind of demand 10 years ago. Now they’re really running out of well aged juice to bottle to fill the current demand. It may get worse in the coming years. On the bright side most companies have been ramping up production the last few years, so hopefully sometime in the future there will be plenty of aged bourbon on the shelves again. Hopefully.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Also anyone hear anything about a rumor that they are going to start allocating Henry McKenna?
I've not heard that it's a decision on the producers side, meaning that Heaven Hill is treating it as an allocated whiskey. Maybe some distributors are treating it that way. I've heard that it is being bought really fast since it won Whiskey of the Year at San Francisco competition last year and various Whiskey Writers are singing its praises. Social media also played a role at the same time. It used to be a well kept secret, so the store inventories easily kept up with demand. Now it's just selling fast.

That said, I could see it, and a number of the other "value bourbons" be coming allocated. Its just the market we live in. Probably another 6+ years before the increased production by distilleries has a meaningful effect.

I have heard about a $5 average price increase, though.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I’m open to suggestions for my next purchase if you got any in that price range. Normally Wild turkey 101 is my go to, but I was in the mood for something different so I settled on this one. I also like Bulliet, Tin Cup, & Knob Creek. Still would like to find a few others that I like around that price.
Larceny. Easy to find and punches above its (price)weight.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Eagles Rare is a great choice at around $30.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Figured out where all the HMcK10 went to. This place has had it on sale like this for at least 9 months... that's 38 unopened cases on that pallet.20181216_124608.jpg
I only bought 1 bottle. Tasting it now watching football... if it proves to be great, I'll go grab more with that barrel # on it. If not, I'll get a different one.20181216_132549.jpg

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Figured out where all the HMcK10 went to. This place has had it on sale like this for at least 9 months... that's 38 unopened cases on that pallet.View attachment 127343
I only bought 1 bottle. Tasting it now watching football... if it proves to be great, I'll go grab more with that barrel # on it. If not, I'll get a different one.View attachment 127344
Holy mother of God.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
View attachment 127380
Man down! My favorite rye, will have to work through some more bottles, but definitely replace this one.

On a related note, ran across some Willett Rye for the first time outside KY. It was 4 yr for $50. Passed, due to budget being blasted by BTAC/VW season. And, I dont drink that much rye... View attachment 127381
That’s by far my favorite Kentucky Rye. $50 seems a little higher in price though. I usually acquire mine for $38 here in New Jersey. Our prices are usually far from cheap too. I’ve never had that Pikesville Rye though, but judging by that pour I’m gonna assume you love it. I’ll have to put it on the list.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That’s by far my favorite Kentucky Rye. $50 seems a little higher in price though. I usually acquire mine for $38 here in New Jersey. Our prices are usually far from cheap too. I’ve never had that Pikesville Rye though, but judging by that pour I’m gonna assume you love it. I’ll have to put it on the list.
Ha! That glass is a small handblown glass. It might hold 3 oz.

The Pikesville rye is a Heaven Hill product with a lower rye mashbill, so it drinks more similar to a bourbon to me. It's essentially Rittenhouse with a couple more years aging and better Rickhouse placement.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can’t go wrong with Maker’s 46. It’s night & day different to standard Marker’s Mark (which is my least favorite bourbon). Usually can be found for $35. I’d say for $35 and under its near the top of my list, considering Henry McKenna BiB is now $38 lol