What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Now a question for the more experienced (than me) guys here.... what is a good price (or the going price) for a bottle of Weller 107?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now a question for the more experienced (than me) guys here.... what is a good price (or the going price) for a bottle of Weller 107?
Most liquor stores hoard the 107 in the back room. I have found that by asking politely if they have any Weller in stock they sometimes will go to the back room and out comes the 107 at MSRP ($23-28/botl). The MSRP on 107 is going from $23 to upper $40's soon though (info from a retailer). It gets expensive on the grey market.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Thank you @Patrickh44231 and @Wookie ...I looked on line and the cheapest I found (at liquor store sites) was $179. I didn't know if this was good, but then I found one on eBay at $100. I thought if liquor stores are selling them (no liquor stores near me have any Weller types) online for $179-199, $100 must be a good price. Luckily, PPal said my payment was going to a suspicious seller and I cancelled it. Now that I know, I'll just have to reach out to a couple buds in Kentucky and see if they can grab me some. Sheet, I can get 4 bottles for what I almost paid for one according to Patrick's post.

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
I've got the cask strength. Great stuff imo. Really want to try the double barreled rye that's been out a couple of months...
I've got one of those. Still unopened... good?
Shit man - I'm pretty new to drinking bourbon neat and can't offer any recommendations. It's different form the standard EC for sure - I do have a store pick from Gomers and Lukas that I'll try here in the future.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Did a SBS of a regular BT and a PS selected for my county DLC. Yes selected for not by, lame.

Regular was brighter with tart cherries and more alcohol on the nose. The PS was richer with more black cherry and not as much alcohol.

On the palate they were similar but the PS had a bigger creamier mouth feel and more burnt brown sugar and apricot and caramel, where the regular was more apple, cinnamon and vanilla.

On the finish the regular was definitely more tannic and drier. The PS the was still burnt brown sugar and caramel.

Sometimes you don’t know what you have until you compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk