What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Also has anyone else noticed that a bourbon loses some umph after it gets down below 1/2 to a 1/3 in the bottle? I've noticed the Lot B changing a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Also has anyone else noticed that a bourbon loses some umph after it gets down below 1/2 to a 1/3 in the bottle? I've noticed the Lot B changing a bit.

I've noticed a difference, but more often than not, for the better. If "oomph" refers to proof, then it's probably not much difference. The addition of O2 causes chemical reactions that naturally happen anyway, you are just speeding them up.

Some anecdotal experiments I've read about suggest the amount of light has more to do with degradation. NEVER store booze in sunlight.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Excited to get close to killing this bottle. It's been very good, but killing one means I get to replace it.....haha

Ha, one out, one in is supposed to be the rule I made with my wife. So I just hide most of my purchases in the basement.

I just picked up a bottle of that too, different barrel though. Just a taste last night after cracking it since I was off to bed:

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've noticed a difference, but more often than not, for the better. If "oomph" refers to proof, then it's probably not much difference. The addition of O2 causes chemical reactions that naturally happen anyway, you are just speeding them up.

Some anecdotal experiments I've read about suggest the amount of light has more to do with degradation. NEVER store booze in sunlight.
Well I'm not sure I meant proof either just I notice a mellowing of sorts. And it's definitely not bad, just different. Bottles stay in the bar so no light, but this bottle has been open for over a year. Just interesting!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Well I'm not sure I meant proof either just I notice a mellowing of sorts. And it's definitely not bad, just different. Bottles stay in the bar so no light, but this bottle has been open for over a year. Just interesting!
I've definitely noticed a difference between a bottle you just opened and the same bottle you taste again in a couple of days.
Quick read.
http://whisky.buzz/blog/once-opened-does-whisky-change-in-the-bottle

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Florida Whiskey? Let's hear more about that, Mick @irratebass . I've got some ideas, and most are not good.
@Unpossible_1 picked this up on his recent fam Vaca and brought it to HBH, I really enjoyed it, as did a few others. Last day @BradMc says take some bottles home with ya, Doug was kind enough to give me the rest of the bottle.

Seen @gurgalunas mention this one, noticed that the shop had, so I sampled some....this is tasty stuff. May have to get some.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Got to try several "new to me" bourbons this past weekend including McKenna 10 year, High West Double Rye and Yipi-Ki-Yay, Angel's Envy and more. I liked the High West DR so much bought a bottle as soon as I got home. The other bottle was gifted to me by a friend, from a distillery local to him.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got to try several "new to me" bourbons this past weekend including McKenna 10 year, High West Double Rye and Yipi-Ki-Yay, Angel's Envy and more. I liked the High West DR so much bought a bottle as soon as I got home. The other bottle was gifted to me by a friend, from a distillery local to him.

Love the cigar band jars in the background. I intend on buying one of these soon, as I currently store them in Ziplocs.

https://www.personalizationmall.com/Cigar-Accessories-c89.lp?fitemid=60940&did=322230&wordid=60940&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKCAjw_MnmBRAoEiwAPRRWWwOenbSYsitSDi7fjKKKou_rHGMxivUMFm3WEnXTC2YrVpJtybqdDhoCBOsQAvD_BwE

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, I gots a few. :ROFLMAO:

IMPRESSIVE!!! How many cigars would you say you smoke in a week? I'm only at about 3 per week, which I enjoy Friday only at my cigar lounge. 1-2 cigars at B&M prices and one that I smoke from my private travel humidor (online prices).