What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
That's crazy!! More then a 100% price increase, which is a far cry away from the $17 the old BiB could be had for . What was the original formula aged at? Hopefully it will be well worth the price, which is closely aligned with pricing for EH Taylor Small Batch BiB
Original was 6 years old. This one is 7. TBF, the $17 might have been a bit short. I think it's good even around $25-27. Will the extra year be worth another 50%? IDK, but i suppose in the age of ever diminishing age statements, we'll have to take what we can get.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Original was 6 years old. This one is 7. TBF, the $17 might have been a bit short. I think it's good even around $25-27. Will the extra year be worth another 50%? IDK, but i suppose in the age of ever diminishing age statements, we'll have to take what we can get.
True. I'm just a little taken aback; I just thought the bottom shelf dwellers were safe from these massive price increases. At least with this they are improving an existing product.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've got a few HH6BiB stocked away, so I guess there should be a comparison done someday.

My big question is how it will compare to Virgin Bourbon, also HH at 7 yrs but 101 proof. Not widely distributed, but I can get it for $12.99/L off the shelf. And what is the future for Virgin? I'm guessing it will go the way of HH6BiB before too long...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got a few HH6BiB stocked away, so I guess there should be a comparison done someday.

My big question is how it will compare to Virgin Bourbon, also HH at 7 yrs but 101 proof. Not widely distributed, but I can get it for $12.99/L off the shelf. And what is the future for Virgin? I'm guessing it will go the way of HH6BiB before too long...
I never had the original HH BiB 6 year, the only HH products near me is the standard bottom shelf whiskey and maybe the green label stuff. How does the HHBiB compare to Evan Williams BIB, which I've tried and love for $17?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I never had the original HH BiB 6 year, the only HH products near me is the standard bottom shelf whiskey and maybe the green label stuff. How does the HHBiB compare to Evan Williams BIB, which I've tried and love for $17?
I've never tried the EW BiB to be able to compare. I'm usually not happy with stuff under 7-8 yrs, so I'm not sure.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

FYI all. HH BiB is back. It's now aged 7 years, has a new label, and will be around $40 MSRP....
I didn’t care for it at $15, so I doubt I will at $40.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The original HH BiB 6 year was only available in Kentucky. This new version is at least initially being released much wider which seems good as even at $40 a 7 year BiB is a decent price. I'll try to get one if I can.

Stupid me though, I drive through Kentucky a few times a year to visit my in-laws and have never stopped to look for the 6 year. Wish I would have tried to find one.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The original HH BiB 6 year was only available in Kentucky. This new version is at least initially being released much wider which seems good as even at $40 a 7 year BiB is a decent price. I'll try to get one if I can.

Stupid me though, I drive through Kentucky a few times a year to visit my in-laws and have never stopped to look for the 6 year. Wish I would have tried to find one.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
That seems counter intuitive only releasing it in Kentucky, especially for a bottom shelf whiskey. I'm always on the lookout for new whiskey to try, so I too will be on the lookout. This week it's Clyde Mays Alabama Style Whiskey. Their Bourbon offering is among my favorites.

Bought the last one in stock, a Christmas gift set offering. 375ml each bottle, when empty it will make the perfect size for both my Rye & Bourbon Infinity Bottle Projects

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Peerless is posed to release an inexpensive, readily available "Piggyback" rye. I had the chance to taste one of the first bottles with the local Peerless rep. Sweet and rich, not overly spicy remined me more of a good rum or a sweet bourbon then a spicy/hot rye.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Posting here but after some research not sure if I am drinking bourbon or Kentucky whiskey. Having a small sample of ‘70’s era Early Times with thanks to @jcolan1. Having some vintage whiskey in my new vintage glass. Apparently domestic early times back then was aged in used barrels while export was aged in new so therefore a KSBW.
Very different. Burnt brown sugar up front, a little earthy and cough syrup mid palate, and a little mineral. Finish was cinnamon gum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
What were your thoughts? I know a lot of people talk crap about it compared to OWA or W12, but I kind of like it. Especially for the price point.
I agree with you that at the price point, it's a great bourbon to have in the rotation. The 107 will be more for special occasions whereas the SR is a good everyday pour.