Today's Bourbon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things to grab immediately if you see them at retail or close:

Anything prior to 2018
Kentucky Chew 18-03
Beaten Biscuits 19-04
Granny's Batch 20-01
You already have Country Ham, or else I'd mention that too.

I am also a big fan of Teresa's Batch 19-01 along with @BourbonBinder ...but it appears we are in the vast minority according to all the bourbon groups I follow.

Avoid? I'd avoid Kitchen Table 18-04, and for me the jury is still out on Boston Batch 20-02.
Perfect.

Wife told me already If we come up short on our hunt tomorrow to go buy those 2 bottles of country ham I found.

I also found a place online that has a bottle of Teresa’s batch. Hmmm

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Friend sent me a sample of Wild Turkey Rare Breed Rye. It was tasty and interesting at 112 proof. I'd like to find a place that serves the WTRB bourbon at 117 proof and see if that's worth having on the bar. The price is right if it's in my wheelhouse.

Needed to up the proof as the night went on so I had some Stagg Jr. 13.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
@icehog3 , got one you might like. It's the first "named" Booker's. Found it a couple years ago. A customer had collected a lot, then needed to move across country. Made the local store a deal, and I happened to be the first to recognize what it was... not a Booker's (Beam) fan other than older KC , but it's a cool thing to have in the shelf.20200808_224619.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've only had one bottle of WT RB. I found it to drink hot, with a hint of youthful corn note. Not my thing, but for a Booker's lover, it would satisfy for sure. I think its 7ish yrs, which is about the same as 101, so if you imagine 101 at BP, you're on the money.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@icehog3 , got one you might like. It's the first "named" Booker's. Found it a couple years ago. A customer had collected a lot, then needed to move across country. Made the local store a deal, and I happened to be the first to recognize what it was... not a Booker's (Beam) fan other than older KC , but it's a cool thing to have in the shelf.View attachment 152630
@gurgalunas , that is super cool! I've only got one 2015 , 15-04 Oven Buster. That's a killer bottle, congrats to being the guy who recognized it! :) (y)

I am usually not the jealous type, but seeing my recent Booker's obsession.... :LOL:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
So on our adventure today, I found some “beaten biscuits” and 2020 “little book”.

The hunt continues....
Great scores, I enjoy the Beaten Biscuits a lot! See, just beat the bushes a little... (y):cool:

I haven't seen the 2020 Little Book around here yet, would you mind if I asked what the retail is by you Brian?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Found out that a local grocery had the Boston Batch on sale, so I went and got my obligatory backup.

Stopped at Binny's on the way home and they're selling Ezra Brooks Single Barrel store picks for $29. I love the Old Ezra 7 so I figured for half the price I would try one out. It's not OE7, but it is stellar for an under $30 bottle.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great scores, I enjoy the Beaten Biscuits a lot! See, just beat the bushes a little... (y):cool:

I haven't seen the 2020 Little Book around here yet, would you mind if I asked what the retail is by you Brian?
The regular Bookers is 85-ish and the Little Book was $120.

They had 4 bottles of it, well 3 now.

So fun thing happened last night, the wife and I had a wine dinner at place in town with our “supper club” friends. The owner got 1 of 2 bottles in the entire city of Blanton’s Gold. Bottled at 103 proof instead of the regular 90. I got the last ounce of it and it was amazing. We are headed to KY in October (assuming the distilleries are open) to hit the trail and so I’m hoping this might be something that can be had. I’ll get a picture of the bottle from the wife. I didn’t take one but I know she’s got on from IG.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

So fun thing happened last night, the wife and I had a wine dinner at place in town with our “supper club” friends. The owner got 1 of 2 bottles in the entire city of Blanton’s Gold. Bottled at 103 proof instead of the regular 90. I got the last ounce of it and it was amazing. We are headed to KY in October (assuming the distilleries are open) to hit the trail and so I’m hoping this might be something that can be had. I’ll get a picture of the bottle from the wife. I didn’t take one but I know she’s got on from IG.
Thanks Brian, hope they put some Little Book near MSRP here, we shall see.

I was at a friend's herf last summer and his wife had brought back a bottle of Blanton's Gold from Europe. He opened it and didn't care for it at all (he likes the lower proof juice). Me and another friend killed it off for him. Luckily we were staying the weekend. :LOL:

Last nigh I cracked my BBQ Batch. Yup, just made the Top 5. Matt @BourbonBinder, have you had this one? Feels like a cross between Teresa's and Front Porch to me.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
We are headed to KY in October (assuming the distilleries are open) to hit the trail and so I’m hoping this might be something that can be had. I’ll get a picture of the bottle from the wife. I didn’t take one but I know she’s got on from IG.
It is supposed to be a once a year limited summer release. I think this one will make finding regular Blanton's seem like finding leaves on a tree unfortunately. But KY is definitely the best shot.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brian, hope they put some Little Book near MSRP here, we shall see.

I was at a friend's herf last summer and his wife had brought back a bottle of Blanton's Gold from Europe. He opened it and didn't care for it at all (he likes the lower proof juice). Me and another friend killed it off for him. Luckily we were staying the weekend. :LOL:

Last nigh I cracked my BBQ Batch. Yup, just made the Top 5. Matt @BourbonBinder, have you had this one? Feels like a cross between Teresa's and Front Porch to me.

I know we’ve never formally been introduced but I can always pick up a bottle and send it to you if you wanted me to. It’s not that big of a deal if so.

Just let me know and I’ll make the call to set another bottle aside.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I know we’ve never formally been introduced but I can always pick up a bottle and send it to you if you wanted me to. It’s not that big of a deal if so.

Just let me know and I’ll make the call to set another bottle aside.
I'd be tickled pink, and would certainly thank you with a couple of nice cigars for the assist!

I'm Tom, Brian. Pleased to meetcha. :)