What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Momentary is an art gallery in Bentonville,AR funded by the Walton family. It’s one of two there. Crystal Bridges is the other one.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Momentary is an art gallery in Bentonville,AR funded by the Walton family. It’s one of two there. Crystal Bridges is the other one.
Thanks I thought it might be a traveling exhibit, wasn't sure if all those bldgs where gallery space.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Anyone have any experience with the Knob Creek Single Barrel bourbon (120 proof) store picks? There are a couple different ones at Binny's about 11 years old. I've heard great things about the 14 year old sps, but not much about the 11 year.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A much needed moment of relaxation after a day of moving.

My new whiskey cabinet in my Winter Seasonal Apartment on the beach. My budget period is over so I finally can start buying bourbon again, so excited to fill this space up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Anyone have any experience with the Knob Creek Single Barrel bourbon (120 proof) store picks? There are a couple different ones at Binny's about 11 years old. I've heard great things about the 14 year old sps, but not much about the 11 year.
I've done 3 or 4 KC SiB picks, and have probably 20+ bottles. My personal preference is for 12-14 yr bottles. However, with your love of Bookers, I'd be willing to bet the peanut note that's sometimes in the <12 yr picks wouldnt be a bad thing to you. The KC picks pack a good punch, and usually have an awesome finish. Should be right up your alley.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I've done 3 or 4 KC SiB picks, and have probably 20+ bottles. My personal preference is for 12-14 yr bottles. However, with your love of Bookers, I'd be willing to bet the peanut note that's sometimes in the <12 yr picks wouldnt be a bad thing to you. The KC picks pack a good punch, and usually have an awesome finish. Should be right up your alley.
You definitely called that @gurgalunas (y) The neck pour on the 9 year was tasty and I am guessing it will get even better after it has been open a bit. I'm still hoping to run into a 14 next time a SP gets released here, but this is really good, on par with the Cask Strength 2019 release.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Other "lesson" learned last night, had my second pour of Noe Hard Times (16-06). The first (neck) pour had been disappointing and I figured this would be near the bottom of my Booker's list. Now last night's pour was delicious, and I'd put it i the middle of the pack at worst. And pretty much the opposite experience I had with my first 2 pours of Front Porch Batch. Ya just never know.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Other "lesson" learned last night, had my second pour of Noe Hard Times (16-06). The first (neck) pour had been disappointing and I figured this would be near the bottom of my Booker's list. Now last night's pour was delicious, and I'd put it i the middle of the pack at worst. And pretty much the opposite experience I had with my first 2 pours of Front Porch Batch. Ya just never know.

Super interesting! Never noticed that but will definitely keep an eye (tongue) out for that with my new bottles.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Two new Booker's today, Dot's Batch and Maw Maw Batch. Only need Center Cut (15-01) and Noe Secret (15-06) to complete the Roundtable series.
Well, worked out a trade for the OF I picked up a couple days ago for Noe's Secret. Just need the Big Man to complete now.

Last night, started with some Old Ezra 7, then had 2 pours to kill my Early Times BiB (and some brain cells.)