What's new

Todays brew (February 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
This morning I brewed up a pot of Bolivian Organic from CBC. A delicious cup with hints of chocolate and caramel.
I'll bring some Rawanda Masake to brew at work.

I think I;m going to order some Ethiopian Harrar from sweet maria's today, I hear this batch is great.

So what's everyone else brewing this morning?

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
As you can tell I am a big fan of Mr. Jerry's killer beans.

Going with some Nicaruguan Knifefight today. Resources are getting low.
Going for a new order this week, gonna try another sampler from him. :smt031

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Today I decided on Kenya AA Tegu, it's the wife's favorite. I do like to keep her happy.
As a treat for both of us, I delivered her a steaming hot mug full as she stepped out of the shower.

Have a good day y'all. Hope the groundhog tells what we need to hear.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Today's first pot from Pele Platation Pearlman estate.
What a great cup of coffee. Very smooth. Bold. One of our favorites.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I guess there aren't too many coffee aficianados here yet. Yesterday only 6 views and no posts.

Today Kenya AA Tegu. This coffee has a woodsy earthy taste. Very easy to roast, hits first crack in 4 min. and second in 5. I usually take it right up to second crack. This batch I did half roasted 30 sec. past first crack, and the other half to the end of second crack. That gave me a good mix of flavors.

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm enjoying a cup of last year's incredible Bolivian Organic this morning. Stopped just at the first snap of second crack, this is everything a fine coffee should be - deep in body but perfectly balanced with just the right amount of acidity, incredibly complex flavors that change as the cup cools. My all-time favorite! :mrgreen:

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Mad Dawg said:
I'm enjoying a cup of last year's incredible Bolivian Organic this morning. Stopped just at the first snap of second crack, this is everything a fine coffee should be - deep in body but perfectly balanced with just the right amount of acidity, incredibly complex flavors that change as the cup cools. My all-time favorite! :mrgreen:
Is that from CBC. I have 5 lbs. in and it is awesome. I wish I had gotten more.

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stogies&hoagies said:
Is that from CBC. I have 5 lbs. in and it is awesome. I wish I had gotten more.
Yes - this is from the lot that CBC got around May of 2004. It sold out some months ago, but I managed to sock away about 25 lbs before it was gone. I still have a dwindling stash. I cupped it beside the current CBC version, and posted the results on CW: http://forums.cigarweekly.com/viewtopic.php?p=1358686#1358686

MrJerry

Coffee Guy
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Working on some wonderful High Mt, Shade Grown Columbian. Really full bodied and balanced. Second pot seems to be about as good as the first one was!

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Whew, got up at 4 and had a pot of Bolivian Organic. This is a great coffee and one that will become a usual go to along with Kenya AA.

Went back to bed at 8, just got up again, second pot is the....Kenya AA Tegu

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Newt said:
how dark do you roast your kenya stogies?

Sounds like a great start to the morning btw :)
I usually take it right to the first snaps of second crack.

Sometimes if I'm wanting a little variety, I'll take one roast 30 sec. after first crack, and one roast 20 or so sec. after second crack, and mix them. Kind of gives you the best of the two roasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.