What's new

Todays brew (February 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Cuban Serrano today. It was the first time for this coffee. Wow, what a great cup. I roasted it deep into second crack. Cuban coffees hold up well to a darker roast. It had earthy, nutty flavors.. A great "jump start" to the day.

Have a great day all (the 5 of you that may read this LOL) One day there will be bunches of us posting here everyday.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Pele Platation Wood Estate Kona. A wonderful kona, roasted just past first crack. Light, and no bitterness whatsoever. Earthy and cocoa notes.

I'll take some Rawanda Masaka for my coworkers today (cuz I loves 'em so much)

I've got some Jamaican Blue Mountain peaberry for this evenings brew.

Have a great valentines, take good care of your sweeties.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Today is the always satisfiying Jamaican Blue Mountain peaberry. Roast this one 20 secs past first crack and your tastebuds will be dancing. I have a friend who travels to Ja. regularly and has a relationship with a grower there. He is gracious enough to let me get some of these beans, when he has a surplus.

Make today fun, it's the only Feb. 15, 2005 that you'll ever get to play with.

BTW I'm thinking of running some sort of contest to give away some fresh roasted coffee beans and a cigar or two. There seems to be only a handfull of folks who read this thread so the odds of winning would be really good. What say? Anyone think I should do a contest?

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Hellloooo? Anyone out there?
I guess if it wasn't for you mods, nobody else would read this. Cool, it's like my own little world.

Today we served the perennial favorite, Kenya AA Tegu.

Live well, laugh often

Todays thought,
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning's brew is my own perennial favorite: Nicaragua Maragogype Laguna Verde from CB. Cracked open my third 10lb sack of these last night for this roast. :smt003

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Morning / afternoon / evening, all

I started today with a Kona from Pele Plantation Woods Estate. I can't say enough about this bean. It is full of nutty, earthy notes. I love kona cofees for their smooth round mouthfeel with a lingering aftertaste, like a vintage wine that lingers on the pallette.

Live well Laugh often

Two lawyers were sitting in a bar, when a beautiful women walks in and takes a seat.
The one lawyer says, "I'd sure like to screw her"
The other replies, "out of what?"

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Cuban Torquino in the house this morning. This is the coffee to go to if you need a jump start in the morning. I roast it almost all the way through second crack. Very full bodied and full flavored. Delicious.

Live well, laugh often.

98% of all lawyers give the rest a bad name.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Today one of my favs: Nicaraguan Laguna Verde Margogype

A few others I had this week that I really liked were:
Tanzania Peaberry
CR La Minita Tarrazzu
Malawi Mazzuzu #1s
Rwanda Masaka Bourbon (but this is a regular for me)

All very nice...

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Jamaican Blue Mountain peaberry today. This is one of my all time favorite coffees on the planet. Especially since I found a source directly from JA, so I know the grower is getting far more money for his product than other dealers offer him. The price to me is quite a bit lower than anywhere else. It's just the grower and the transporter. It's a win win. Most coffee growers get just pennies per pound for their green beans while we pay several dollars per pound. If you've never seen how much work goes into coffee growing and harvesting, it's amazing. Very labor intensive, just like cigars. The growers deserve every penny.
JBM is a very rich coffee, chocolatey and smooth. You have to be careful on the roast and hit it just right. Too light a roast and it fails to show it's true potential, too dark, and the complexity of flavors is lost. $8 hours rest is a minimum for this bean, 72 is even better.

Have a great day

Live well, laugh often.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
First pot was Bolivian organic.

Second pot was Kona da'kine estate mix with a little of the bolivian organic left in the grinder. This produced a surprising black peppery tasting brew. I didn't expect that. Quite interesting.

Live well, laugh often.

Have a great day.

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rwanda Masaka with just a touch of Bolovian Organic tossed in for added complexity.

Would have been all Bolivian Organic had I not walked away from my Rosto without setting a timer to remind me to watch for the start of second crack. Wound up with Vienna roast Bolivian - not good. :smt022

Status
Not open for further replies.