What's new

Todays brew (February 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Today I brewed Pele Plantation Extra Fancy grade Kona.
I roasted half the beans right to second crack, the other half 30 secs past first crack. The mix gives a good blend to this beans potential.

Have a great super sunday.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
This morning the wife and I brewed up some Sweet Maria, Puro Scuro blend, that I received from Girardian in a trade. Excellent coffee brother! Thank you.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Some coffee my mom picked up at the grocery store. Called like caramel truffle or something. Wasn't too bad with some amber sugar. Gonna get some killer beans when I get some friggin' money tho.

TYLER

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Today is Mexican Chialpas that I snagged from a green bean and habanos box pass on another board.
I roasted right to second crack (as I do with all beans the first time I roast any particular bean) I let it rest for 48+ hours. It was a little bitter up front, but smoothed out nicely on the finish.
Don't know that this one would make it into the regular rotation. I'd like to try a second batch, roasted a little darker.

Have a great day!

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Bolivian organic once again. This coffee is delicious, hints of cocao and caramel. Very smooth mouthfeel, no acidity at all. I roasted it to second crack. I need to keep some of this roasted all the time.

Have a great day!

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Today I brewed Kona da'kine Estate mix. One of the more affordable Konas. I roast this one a little darker than most Konas or Jamaican Blue mountains. It holds up well and the longer roast tends to bring out the flavors rather than mute them as is the case with most kona's and JBM.

I'm taking today off. I'll meet the wife for lunch, then head to the cigar club with a full traveldor.

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.