What's new

Today's Drink (non-beer)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's not sake this time, Tom @icehog3 :D

@Boudie - My second time trying this and my impression this time is much more favorable. Less "holy hell...this tastes like someone left a shot of tequila inside an offset smoker for 12 hours" and more oakiness/slight sweetness reminiscent of a reposado.

View attachment 170230
I still havea small bottle that I haven't tried yet. You're saying it needs air?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I still havea small bottle that I haven't tried yet. You're saying it needs air?
Well, this was another unopened mini-bottle (bought a couple weeks ago), so either they refined their process or my palate changed. Or both. :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
May be the cigar, I know heavily peated, smokey Scotch is tamed by a stronger cigar. I'm thinking burn pit, cigar and alcohol tonight so I may give it a try.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's strange. I don't get tequila as much as scotch with an almost overpowering plastic component I'm familiar with the nose but I can't place it. Smells very artificial. I think you could blind taste this and anyone that's had it before would nail it right away. Anyone else would never guess it.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's strange. I don't get tequila as much as scotch with an almost overpowering plastic component I'm familiar with the nose but I can't place it. Smells very artificial. I think you could blind taste this and anyone that's had it before would nail it right away. Anyone else would never guess it.
I think for me at least, it was a curiosity that has been satisfied and for the time being at least, I'll stick with good ol' tequila. Or mezcal. :ROFLMAO:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It's not sake this time, Tom @icehog3 :D

@Boudie - My second time trying this and my impression this time is much more favorable. Less "holy hell...this tastes like someone left a shot of tequila inside an offset smoker for 12 hours" and more oakiness/slight sweetness reminiscent of a reposado.

View attachment 170230
Very interesting....I never new such a thing existed.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Several US distillers are trying to tap into the Tequila market. Sotol is plentiful and cheap, almost a weed in the Southwest. As Texican said, they aren't there yet.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Several US distillers are trying to tap into the Tequila market. Sotol is plentiful and cheap, almost a weed in the Southwest. As Texican said, they aren't there yet.
Ooooh that's riiiiight. And it's like the whole "Champagne vs Sparkling Wine" thing, if I remember correctly. Something about it HAS to be produced only within certain regions of Mexico, and HAS to be from a certain type of agave plant to be called "tequila".

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm checking in here daily until @Texican buys a full size bottle. Of something! Anything! :LOL: :LOL:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Might be a little while...ever since the Great Bourbon Stockpiling of 2021, my bottle purchases have been very carefully scrutinized by the Spending Committee. I blame myself actually, because here is how the full extent of my bottle inventory was revealed:

Me: Hey...I kind of want to get this cool shelf I found made out of a bourbon barrel.

She: Why do you need that? You already have the entire top shelf of the pantry dedicated to your liquor collection. There should be plenty of room up there, since its a huge shelf....right?

Me: Oh, yeah, good point! Nevermind!

She: Wait a second...why do you need more room? *walks to the pantry*

Me: Ah crap. :oops:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
ever since the Great Bourbon Stockpiling of 2021, my bottle purchases have been very carefully scrutinized by the Spending Committee.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

@icehog3 We've noticed you mentioning a girlfriend lately. I think Carlos will back me up when I say, make damn sure your new girl understands that Cigars and Liquor will continue to be purchased. Sometimes in large quantities and sometimes not. And there shall never be any debate over this.
Some of us screwed up this very important detail and I only tell you this because I care.:ROFLMAO:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Might be a little while...ever since the Great Bourbon Stockpiling of 2021, my bottle purchases have been very carefully scrutinized by the Spending Committee. I blame myself actually, because here is how the full extent of my bottle inventory was revealed:

Me: Hey...I kind of want to get this cool shelf I found made out of a bourbon barrel.

She: Why do you need that? You already have the entire top shelf of the pantry dedicated to your liquor collection. There should be plenty of room up there, since its a huge shelf....right?

Me: Oh, yeah, good point! Nevermind!

She: Wait a second...why do you need more room? *walks to the pantry*

Me: Ah crap. :oops:
That's awesome! Thanks for a laugh first thing in the morning! :D
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

@icehog3 We've noticed you mentioning a girlfriend lately. I think Carlos will back me up when I say, make damn sure your new girl understands that Cigars and Liquor will continue to be purchased. Sometimes in large quantities and sometimes not. And there shall never be any debate over this.
Some of us screwed up this very important detail and I only tell you this because I care.:ROFLMAO:
She has known me a looooong time. The cigars never get a word. Sometimes a few new bottles on the shelf get a curious look, but she knows that the way to my heart is through my liver. ;):LOL:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0