What's new

Today's Scotch

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now it really gets interesting.

Met a native Scotsman in his 70's that has been drinking whisky, well, for close to 70 years. He is a member of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society and has around 90 bottles in his collection. He invited me into his home and taught me more about whisky (they don't call it Scotch, or Scotch Whisky or Single Malt Scotch Whisky, just whisky which by definition is Single Malt Scotch Whisky) in a few hours than I had learned in my previous years dabbling at the hobby.

Anyway, this was last nights first whisky.

In spite of the strength, it was silky smooth.

In Harris, Outer Hebrides, Scotland

Trout

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Now it really gets interesting.

Met a native Scotsman in his 70's that has been drinking whisky, well, for close to 70 years. He is a member of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society and has around 90 bottles in his collection. He invited me into his home and taught me more about whisky (they don't call it Scotch, or Scotch Whisky or Single Malt Scotch Whisky, just whisky which by definition is Single Malt Scotch Whisky) in a few hours than I had learned in my previous years dabbling at the hobby.

Anyway, this was last nights first whisky.

In spite of the strength, it was silky smooth.

In Harris, Outer Hebrides, Scotland

Trout

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're certainly going to be well lubricated on this trip haha

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a member of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society, my friend has access to limited release bottles of cask strength whisky bottled by the SMWS.
They decide which bottles to produce after a panel of SMWS members has a tasting from a certain cask. If the panel deems it worthy, theY create a bottle with their tasting notes (which can be hilarious) and a code with a number for distillery and cask. The code is so the members can do their own tastings using only their senses without knowing the distillery (though the codes are available if you want them).

You can learn more about this at www.smws.com .

Below is a 26 year old cask strength from the Isle of Jura Distillery and it may have been the most amazing whisky I have sampled to date.

Trout
Harris, Outer Hebrides, Scotland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This afternoon did the Exclusive Tour at Oban Distillery. It's 2 hours vs. 45 minutes for the general tour and finishes in the Distillery Manager's office for a tasting of Oban 14, Oban Distillers Edition, Oban Little Bay and a limited edition bottle available only at the Distillery. They were all nice, but the last was Devine so I snagged a bottle.

Trout,
Oban, Scotland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk