What's new

Today's Scotch

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about getting one of the Glenmorangie annual special editions. I am a fan of Glenmorangie in general, I've never had a special edition. Which ones have you guys had and which do you like best?

My current options at a decent price are Bacalta, Milsean and Tusail. Would you advise on any of these in particular?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can't speak to any of the ones you mention above, but this is nice.

Trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah this is one of their regular production items. I enjoy this, as well as the Lasanta (Sherry) and Nectar d'or(Sauternes). All of these are the 10 year finished in other casks for two years.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I was thinking about getting one of the Glenmorangie annual special editions. I am a fan of Glenmorangie in general, I've never had a special edition. Which ones have you guys had and which do you like best?

My current options at a decent price are Bacalta, Milsean and Tusail. Would you advise on any of these in particular?
In general, I have yet to be displeased with any of the special editions, so I do not think you would go wrong choosing any of them. I cannot comment on the Bacalta since i have not tried it, however the other two are quite good. . . . Milsean is on the sweeter side due to the charred wine barrels used. Tusail is just a solid pour since it used all 100% marris otter malt. . slightly creamy in a subtle oatmeal sense.
If I had to say which ones were my favorite, Artein & Astar are so freaking good, but good luck finding them since they are long gone from shelves. . I am anxiously awaiting when I open Companta & Ealanta.
Big fan of Glenmo basically

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this is one of their regular production items. I enjoy this, as well as the Lasanta (Sherry) and Nectar d'or(Sauternes). All of these are the 10 year finished in other casks for two years.
I really need to pay more attention to what I am actually buying...I did not know whether those 3 were regulars or not, even though I have all 3...and I REALLY like the Lasanta.
So much of what I have is either a gift, looked interesting so I bought it or I tried it somehwre, liked it and then bought it.
That's part of the reason I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread...thanks guys!
Trout

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the Nadurra pair with the Montecristo? Anything special?
The flavors of hay, sweetness, spice, black licorice, coffee, cinnamon, and charred oak found in the Monte 2 really seemed to emphasize the nose of creamy vanilla and sweet pears, along with a palate filled with notes of tropical pineapple and ripe bananas found in the Nadurra.

Ok, I totally made that up. I swear I suck at being able to describe what I'm smelling or tasting when drinking whisky or smoking cigars. I just know what I like.
But it was nice.

Trout

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, I have yet to be displeased with any of the special editions, so I do not think you would go wrong choosing any of them. I cannot comment on the Bacalta since i have not tried it, however the other two are quite good. . . . Milsean is on the sweeter side due to the charred wine barrels used. Tusail is just a solid pour since it used all 100% marris otter malt. . slightly creamy in a subtle oatmeal sense.
If I had to say which ones were my favorite, Artein & Astar are so freaking good, but good luck finding them since they are long gone from shelves. . I am anxiously awaiting when I open Companta & Ealanta.
Big fan of Glenmo basically
Thanks, appreciated. I'm also a big fan of Glenmorangie. The ones I mentioned are the only ones I can get my hands on at a reasonable price. Yeah, everything I've read about the Milsean says it's very sweet. I'm thinking I'll go for the Bacalta. If I can ever get your favorites at a reasonable price I will, although that ship has probably sailed. Let me know how the others are when you try them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need to pay more attention to what I am actually buying...I did not know whether those 3 were regulars or not, even though I have all 3...and I REALLY like the Lasanta.
So much of what I have is either a gift, looked interesting so I bought it or I tried it somehwre, liked it and then bought it.
That's part of the reason I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread...thanks guys!
Trout
Yeah, the other good thing about those three are they are very affordable for scotch. By itself, I actually like nectar d'or the best. But nectar d'or doesn't go with many cigars that I've had (I think bc it's too mild). Lasanta and Quinta Rubin go well with a variety of cigars.