What's new

Today's Scotch

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flavors of hay, sweetness, spice, black licorice, coffee, cinnamon, and charred oak found in the Monte 2 really seemed to emphasize the nose of creamy vanilla and sweet pears, along with a palate filled with notes of tropical pineapple and ripe bananas found in the Nadurra.

Ok, I totally made that up. I swear I suck at being able to describe what I'm smelling or tasting when drinking whisky or smoking cigars. I just know what I like.
But it was nice.

Trout
Ha Ha, that was good.

Same here, I can't describe well what I'm smoking/drinking but I love trying different pairings and certain combinations can be magical. I'm always searching for a good one.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
A couple of new bottles today. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. This one is port finished. Nothing will ever take the place or even come close to my Balvenie Portwood but at $220 a pop it's hard to drink that one very often. This one was less than $50. The other is on my short list of favorites but it's starting to increase in price as well...Springbank 10.
IMG_6358.jpg

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
A couple of new bottles today. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. This one is port finished. Nothing will ever take the place or even come close to my Balvenie Portwood but at $220 a pop it's hard to drink that one very often. This one was less than $50. The other is on my short list of favorites but it's starting to increase in price as well...Springbank 10.
If you like the Springbank 10 and the price is starting to rise, I suggest giving the 12yr cask strength a try

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
@CVAC085 It's outstanding. Hoping that the Quinta Ruban will at least be in the ballpark of what a port finished malt should taste like. Once I get into the bottle a bit I plan to post a side by side review of the two.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@CVAC085 It's outstanding. Hoping that the Quinta Ruban will at least be in the ballpark of what a port finished malt should taste like. Once I get into the bottle a bit I plan to post a side by side review of the two.
The quinta is very good. not 21yr portwood good, but you will not be dissapointed
Sounds like I need to keep my eyes out for this Quinta Ruban as well. I googled shops that have 21 year portwood and price is right around what Dave posted. I'll have to check here locally and see how much just for the hell of it. My most expensive baller scotch purchase was Johnnie Blue.....:wideyed:

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Sounds like I need to keep my eyes out for this Quinta Ruban as well. I googled shops that have 21 year portwood and price is right around what Dave posted. I'll have to check here locally and see how much just for the hell of it. My most expensive baller scotch purchase was Johnnie Blue.....:wideyed:
the lasanta (sherry) & nectar d'or (sauternes) by Glenmorangie are also quite nice