What's new

Today's Scotch

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those sound nice too. I'll research them also....this scotch slope going to be a slippery one I feel it already.....
I'd recommend getting the sampler if you can find it. Has 100 ml bottles of original, lasanta, Quinta Rubin and nectar d'or.

I think the order I like them in is nectar d'or, lasanta, Quinta Rubin, original (possibly switch lasanta and QR, I forget).

Balvenie 21 is much better than QR but it's way too much money. QR is probably a better value.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The bourbon craze is stupid. I like bourbon, but I find myself reaching for scotch much more. More complexity
Well thanks to all you guys and the forum, I'm now researching more scotches than bourbons LOL. Although, I'll always be a fan of bourbon and keep a few of my favorites on hand at all times. But this scotch slope is real....

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Well thanks to all you guys and the forum, I'm now researching more scotches than bourbons LOL. Although, I'll always be a fan of bourbon and keep a few of my favorites on hand at all times. But this scotch slope is real....
If you like cask strengths (which seems to be popping up all over the place in bourbon), just grab a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh. Stupidly good

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If you like cask strengths (which seems to be popping up all over the place in bourbon), just grab a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh. Stupidly good
Just found it online and can't ship anything to NO York. Guess when I make a trip to NJ or PA to see friends and family, liquor store runs will be in the mix too. This one's a little pricey at least on-line.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Just found it online and can't ship anything to NO York. Guess when I make a trip to NJ or PA to see friends and family, liquor store runs will be in the mix too. This one's a little pricey at least on-line.
yeah, sadly the price went up recently. . used to be in the mid 60s

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by "NO York"? You could get this in a lot of places in New York

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like both bourbon and scotch, you don't have to choose.

My number one thing is to pair cigars with liquor, so I have a fairly big collection of bourbon, scotch, rum, cognac and port. I don't know if you drink with your cigars, but in my opinion bourbon generally pairs better with cigars. Scotch is more subtle than bourbon so I find that cigars overpower a lot of scotches.

In regards to the Glenmorangie, the nectar d'or will usually be overpowered. The lasanta and QR are usually good with cigars, I've found lasanta goes with more. I've found macallan 18 gets overpowered by cigars I've had, and generally doesn't go well for me. I had tried ardbeg uigedail by itself and didn't like it, it then I found a couple of cigars that go great with it. I like Laphroaig 18 with some cigars.

So if you do smoke while you're drinking, be careful what you buy, bc a lot of scotches won't go well with cigars.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
What do you mean by "NO York"? You could get buy this in a lot of places in New York
I've been browsing a lot of libations on-line just for sh!ts and giggles, especially some HTF ones and nobody I've seen with on-line sales will ship here to NY. At least some of the websites and shops that I've browsed lately. And there's nothing against buying locally because honestly, if I could get a good deal on a case or mixed case of scotches and bourbons, I'd jump all over it. I just browse on-line more for price comparison. Even though I know NY will be a bit more in prices.

My buddy is a real P.I.T.A. and wouldn't tell me which vendor he got a bottle of Gosling's Old Rum for me for my milestone birthday. All he told me was he purchased on-line from a CT vendor. Luckily, I know someone going to Bermuda soon for vacation and I asked them to pick up 2 bottles for me when they go since they have no intentions of buying any sort of liquor. So I should be well stocked with that for a little bit.

I like both bourbon and scotch, you don't have to choose.

My number one thing is to pair cigars with liquor, so I have a fairly big collection of bourbon, scotch, rum, cognac and port. I don't know if you drink with your cigars, but in my opinion bourbon generally pairs better with cigars. Scotch is more subtle than bourbon so I find that cigars overpower a lot of scotches.

In regards to the Glenmorangie, the nectar d'or will usually be overpowered. The lasanta and QR are usually good with cigars, I've found lasanta goes with more. I've found macallan 18 gets overpowered by cigars I've had, and generally doesn't go well for me. I had tried ardbeg uigedail by itself and didn't like it, it then I found a couple of cigars that go great with it. I like Laphroaig 18 with some cigars.

So if you do smoke while you're drinking, be careful what you buy, bc a lot of scotches won't go well with cigars.
I 95% of the time have something to drink when I smoke too. Depends on my mood and plans for afterwards though, which I won't drink any booze if I know I'll be getting behind the wheel. Although, bottled waters usually come with me on the car rides when I smoke. Scotches are fairly new to me with cigars. And I'm a sucker for cask aged libations too. All I'm familiar with are bourbons and whisky at the moment so this is all a new learning curve for me. I do know for a fact I don't like any sort of peaty scotches. Those are an easy pass for me.

PS- I'm sorry for all the derailing......:unsure:

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
its actually pretty rare I have scotch with cigars - I find almost all of them overpowered by the cigar - peated drams are the exception to this. I like having scotch just to have scotch
approx 90% of the time, I drink coffee. occasionally port or rum. If I do whiskey, it is bourbon or something peated - Bowmores go wonderfully with cigars @CVAC085 @RockawayBeach

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
The cigars just make you forget how nasty all those Islay scotches are.

Grinning and ducking,
Trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Generally, you lose all the nice subtleties a Scotch provides. However, the bold peat & smoke pairs quite well . . . if you like that sort of thing of course

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CVAC085

New York has great prices if you look around, there's so many places. Use Wine Searcher, they give the best prices in order. I have the pro version (which includes more stores), if you want me to look some bottles up for you let me know. A lot of places out of state don't ship, and even if they do it's usually not cost effective after shipping.

If you will be drinking mostly when you are smoking, I'd recommend getting into rum (seems maybe you already are). I've gotten really into rum and now find it my favorite spirit overall to pair with cigars (replacing bourbon).

And don't be totally turned off to Islays. I didn't like ardbeg uigedail at all by itself. I loved it with la aroma de Cuba mi amor Belicoso, it changes the flavor.