What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have plans to smoke a PAM tonight and I think my buddy has an ISOM Monte for me as well. Luckly we will be able to smoke indoors. :) Merry Xmas to ALL :)

Chip

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i have no clue. already had a Cohiba Sig I. what a nice short smoke that is. darn tasty too! later tonite after i put the tree up, im thinking of maybe a RASS or a RyJ Hermoso 04 LE.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Today had a LGC/SR #4 and tonite after a great Xmas Eve Dinner, enjoyed a AF Don Carlos #2. I'm here in MI with family we are hoping for a white Xmas, But it isn't looking good yet tonite...I'd like to wish ALL the BOTL & SOTL and there Families and Very Marry Christmas.....

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Smoking a SLR Series A 02 watching the game. Have to pickup the son-in-law at the airport at 9PM. Figure I will take two or three for that fun trip

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
The weather was actually good here in NY today, but no smokey.

Smoke a few last night, had a RyJ #4 and a Punch RS#11 from '01

Probably smoke something tomorrow morning.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
:santa: has delivered the presents, tucked Mrs. Claus in:kiss:, eaten the cookies, turned the milk into a White Russian :bottle: and is now heading to the porch with a Partagas 160 robusto:smokingbo.

Merry Christmas!!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
That was a weird cigar......because I have never held nor smoked such a beautiful yet noticeably aged cigar.

Could it be that it hasn't reached it's potential? :dunno:

The wrapper on the Monte Especial No.1 had a faded look, almost that of scuffed leather, with very little veins to speak of and that very simple Monte band. It was elegant in it's plain old way.

The Especial No.1 clipped smoothly with no resistance, almost like cutting dried leaves, yet the the cigar was supple when pinched.

When I lit this beauty, I knew I was in for something special. The aroma was just amazing. I paired this smoke with a Trappistes Rochefort Ale (No. 10), which is a dark hoppy Belgian known for it's caramel flavors and ability to mask it's high alcohol content, and it was a very nice complement to what would be a very complex cigar.

Now, on to the smoke....

After lighting the No. 1, from first puff I tasted lots of green tea and other light flavors and this continued for the first 1/3 to 1/2, though the smoke's aroma was rich with indescribable (to me) spiciness :dunno: And then it opened up!!

Oh man did it open up! I then tasted very sweet and very rich spice and rich dark chocolate with berry flavors, which were almost, bitter? Not sure. The aroma was overwhelmingly deep tobacco and spice, and wonderful I will add.

This stick burned perfect for over 90 min. with a great draw (was I lucky?) and tight grey ash which dropped gently when touched to the side of my ashtray.

This was a very, very special cigar that I will never forget, and I don't know how to describe it other than I knew I was smoking an ancient masterpiece.

Many many thanks Kev!

:yes:

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Smoked a wonderful 1991 Quay d'Orsay Imperiales yesterday afternoon. Was my first cigar of the day (and only) and was just perfect and exactly what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.