What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It means when they get close to (or do) stall at all, you wrap them with foil and put some sort of liquid/sauce inside with the meat.
Oh so making them right? Yup! I dont add sauce or liquid to em, but once they no longer take smoke I wrap them to ensure moisture retention and to tenderize.
I've won comps with my ribs. I'll put them against anyones.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Oh so making them right? Yup! I dont add sauce or liquid to em, but once they no longer take smoke I wrap them to ensure moisture retention and to tenderize.
I've won comps with my ribs. I'll put them against anyones.
Wooooo buddy, just curious bro

iam6884

Layne
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm looking for something new to smoke this weekend. My usual cooks are brisket, pork ribs, pork shoulder, turkey, chicken. I've got nothing on the schedule this Saturday so willing to take on something with some challenge.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Smoked an 8lb butt yesterday. Pulled and Vac sealed then put in freezer and will be warmed up by putting the bags in hot water for an engagement party for my youngest daughter next weekend.
Thru a couple racks of SLR on the smoker for my neighbors who helped us out more than a few times the past couple weeks.
Of course you guys would never know I did any of this cause I have no pictures....

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I agree that pork loin in a challenge. Other things not on your list to smoke are salmon, pork tenderloin and beef short ribs. Beef short ribs have always been a challenge to me, but when smoked perfect they are awesome. Also, oxtail is great smoked. Share your cook when done!
I'm looking for something new to smoke this weekend. My usual cooks are brisket, pork ribs, pork shoulder, turkey, chicken. I've got nothing on the schedule this Saturday so willing to take on something with some challenge.

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
To do a proper pork Loin I found that injection is almost necessary...the rub just doesn't settle into the lean meat very well. Then I like to only smoke it to 135, wrap it in plastic wrap, wrap that into a towel, and leave it in a cooler for 2 hours. Its usually perfect after that.

Damnit now I gotta go buy a pork loin.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
You should smoke a watermelon.