BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Ok so here is an example where you can make a mistake and come out losing money.

Paid $10 for these shoes, sold them for $30, but I listed the size wrong. Buyer was really nice and offered to keep them so going to end up breaking even but just wanted to show that you could not do as well as you plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Started reading this and got an idea, so I have a Nemadji Native American vase, looked it up on ebay and found many similar for $9.99, I have decided that I will never be rich financially, although I am rich in many other ways! About to celebrate 39 years with the same woman! Have three successful sons, and have a job.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Started reading this and got an idea, so I have a Nemadji Native American vase, looked it up on ebay and found many similar for $9.99, I have decided that I will never be rich financially, although I am rich in many other ways! About to celebrate 39 years with the same woman! Have three successful sons, and have a job.
Amen Brother! For me, I don't do this to get rich, far from it. I get joy out of finding something unique and cool that in turn someone else desires as well. Kind of like find the right place for every piece. But at the same time I try and support my cigar habit off of it. I do keep a few items here and there. Just last week I found one of these and it's on my bookshelf now...

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
What is it?
BTW, Love this thread.
It's a original Bernina foot pedal for a sewing machine. And no I did not know what this was before I picked it up. But I had bought foot pedals before (guitar) and done well so thought what the hell and I knew the brand was a good sewing machine.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool thread.
I am always hunting the garage sales,flea market,thrift stores,antique malls for good deals.
Around here there is a ton of people doing the same thing though.
I haven't found any good stuff in quite a while.
I am a vintage Star Wars toys collector. If you folks come across any of those toys let me know.
If nothing else I can always help you value them to sell.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Picked this up yesterday for $20 listed it last night and sold for $115, think I may have under priced considering it sold so quickly. Ohh still a nice profit. It was a Minolta camera and lenses and a hard case.

My wife is a photographer. She has amassed a huge collection of vintage cameras -- brownies, instants, SLRs, plastic analog Russian cameras, Roliflexes, etc.

Vintage film cameras are making a huge comeback. Hell, Kodak just started producing Kodachrome again.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Ok this next one is odd but I do try and pick up items that are new.

Snagged this for a couple bucks and sold within 3 hours of listing.

Also tells you things like this are seasonal. So be mindful of the seasons. I.e if you buy xmas stuff just know you will may not be selling the item for awhile.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
My wife is a photographer. She has amassed a huge collection of vintage cameras -- brownies, instants, SLRs, plastic analog Russian cameras, Roliflexes, etc.

Vintage film cameras are making a huge comeback. Hell, Kodak just started producing Kodachrome again.
Yea I have had some good luck with cameras lately. I try and pick them up when I find them. Snagged a few lenses but they aren't really moving.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up a nes classic, then saw they were discontinued. Anybody have an idea of an idel 2nd hand price? as i see ebay is all over the place