What's new

Today's workout

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
75 grams?!?! Holy Shit!!! Is there a reason to have so much protein at once? I've always done 20-22g after a workout, but what the hell do I know.
Well, I usually have 2 scoops of whey after the morning workout totalling 50g, and then a little later I'll eat roughly 20-30g for my actual breakfast (lately a breakfast burrito). My genius self thought "self, why don't we combine 2.5 scoops of protein, 2 eggs, and a banana into one big meal so you can get all that protein at once?". So many regrets. :sick:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well, I usually have 2 scoops of whey after the morning workout totalling 50g, and then a little later I'll eat roughly 20-30g for my actual breakfast (lately a breakfast burrito). My genius self thought "self, why don't we combine 2.5 scoops of protein, 2 eggs, and a banana into one big meal so you can get all that protein at once?". So many regrets. :sick:
I see...that all makes sense now. Well I hope you feel better after your waffle incident.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I see...that all makes sense now. Well I hope you feel better after your waffle incident.
Thanks! I am still mulling over creating a super protein burrito which I think could get me 50g at one time. But yeah...no more protein waffles. I'll just use it to make 1am "I've had a few beers and a waffle would be great right now" waffles like God intended. :D

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Arms, 300 push-ups/squats.

On a side note.. busted out the tape last night. As feared, added a good 2" of slop to my waist BUT gained 0.5" on each bicep. Lesson here: even if you eat like an absolute slob for a couple months...keep on working out and eating your protein and instead of just getting fat you will be dirty bulking. :D

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Biceps/triceps, 300 pushups/squats, 50 pullups.

Forgot to change my Spotify from work mode to workout mode and ended up having the most chill workout ever to some Studio Ghibli soundtracks. Didn't notice until the last set. :D

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What does that look like? 300 for the day? Like 50 in the morning, 50 at lunch 200 in the afternoon?
I do all of it first thing in the morning. After I finish with the weights, I'll do the calisthenics. The pushups/squats I do in sets of 50 in "super sets". Pull-ups and chinups are tagged onto the end of these sets and drag on a bit because the numbers I can do at once tend to drop rapidly after a couple sets. I'll just keep doing them as I wait for breakfast to finish in the oven, drink my protein shake, etc. The entire process for all exercise usually takes around 45 minutes.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
4 miles. Felt restless and in need of introspection so my journey led me to the Thinking Spot.

No deer/raccoon/coyote sign today. Wonder if their Thinking Spot is different than mine, or maybe they don't have much to think about. Or maybe they simply don't have to worry about getting in a little weekend mileage to support the guilt free consumption of a couple beers later while adhering to an otherwise squeaky-clean diet and exercise regimen. Damn wildlife and their guiltless beer drinking. Anyway, 4 miles. :)